• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continuous Issue Downloading Wrong Installation File

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2014 Dec 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I download an Adobe program or update installation file, I end up getting a password protected file upon scanning it with my antivirus. I am wondering if anyone else has ever encountered this issue. I was informed that Adobe does not password protect their files so I really don't know what's going on. Here is a screenshot from the most recent download a few minutes ago:

Avast snip 1.PNG

Avast snip 2.PNG

About 50 password protected files in the package. This is not a new problem as you can see from my old post here Antivirus can't scan Adobe Reader X setup - Password Protected. Since then, I have to jump through hoops to find a direct download link that leads me to a file that CAN be scanned. It happens every single time for every Adobe setup file on every computer on my network -  only Adobe files and only on my network. I'm really sick of it. Does anyone have a clue why this is happening? That old post is from 2011... We've gotten new PCs and laptops a few times and had the same issue upon first install so it can't be a virus, right? Any help is really appreciated. This is truly annoying since Adobe has a security patch every couple of weeks or so. Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue with your virus scanner.  I'd recommend contacting Avast technical support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Jerome, but it's all virus scanners. If you look at my old post, you will see that I had ESET installed then. Every virus scanner says the same thing. It isn't just the password issue. When I download from anywhere else, I even get a different file name. This has been going on for a very long time and its really just an annoyance at this point, but I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some virus scanners throw false-positives when they see a file get installed across a large number of systems.  Flash Player's distribution is huge, so it frequently trips these kinds of protections.  There's really not much we can do about it from our end.  Given the scale of Flash Player's distribution, it seems like it would be beneficial for vendors to proactively whitelist new Flash updates, and we've historically been open to establishing those relationships.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines