• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2014 Crashes on Startup

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out the problem with my InDesign CC 2014.  It is brand new, worked for a few days and now crashes when I try to open it.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't work, I updated my windows and still nothing has helped.  What can I do to try and fix this?

Here is my event log:

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 10.0.0.70, time stamp: 0x5362b4ea

Faulting module name: MSVCR110.dll, version: 11.0.51106.1, time stamp: 0x5098826e

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x00000000000740c4

Faulting process id: 0x1bc0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfbd8072c096cf

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2014\InDesign.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll

Report Id: b5e9e19a-2973-11e4-8251-008cfa702f5d

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

I just finished an online chat with Adobe support. After repairing the installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 redistributables (which I had done before), the rep renamed the En_US preferences folder so InDesign would create a new one when it started. That solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. The trial version of InDesign was running fine and then perversely when I purchased a license it stopped loading. I un- and re-installed but continue to get the following:

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 10.0.0.70, time stamp: 0x5362b4ea

Faulting module name: MSVCR110.dll, version: 11.0.51106.1, time stamp: 0x5098826e

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x00000000000740da

Faulting process id: 0x17fc

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfd1f0edafec09

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2014\InDesign.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR110.dll

Report Id: 68849332-3de4-11e4-b342-6431509b49b6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have a solution to your problems.

It looks like the problem may be in Microsoft's code, not in InDesign. More specifically, you may have a corrupted version of a Microsoft run-time library.

Here is what to try:

(1)     Go to the Programs and Features control panel within Windows.

(2)     Find and select the entry Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64).

(3)     Right click and select Change (not Uninstall!).

(4)     When the dialog box comes up, select Repair.

(5)     When completed, you may be prompted to reboot your system.

(6)     Run InDesign and validate whether this fixes the problem.

Please let us know if this helps!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it unfortunately has not helped. When I check my event logs I'm not seeing anything related to InDesign as far as application errors. It just very oddly opens for a second, closes, goes back to the continue trial box and when I click continue trial, nothing happens. I'm not sure what else to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately while this gesture got it a little farther in the loading process, I still ultimately received the same failure message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this extremely frustrating issue. I've been searching for answers for hours! I was using the trial version for about a week on Windows 7 with no problems, now the program will open, flash for a second and disappear. A moment later a box pops up asking if I would like to continue the trial or license the software. When I click continue trial, the box disappears and nothing else ever opens. I have no desire to license the software, seeing as people are purchasing the program and still having the same issues.

I have removed and re downloaded the program several times, I've signed out from the Creative Cloud and signed back in. I've removed the Creative Cloud and downloaded it again. I've gone into my local and roaming folders and deleted all the InDesign folders, trying to rid myself of the old preferences and nothing seems to work!! I've also updated my graphics card driver. I'm running out of ideas!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using InDesign most of the day and now it crashes on startup. I've tried clearing the recovery cache, but it still crashes. I haven't found a real solution posted anywhere.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    InDesign.exe

Application Version:    10.1.0.70

Application Timestamp:    5424e38b

Fault Module Name:    MSVCR110.dll

Fault Module Version:    11.0.51106.1

Fault Module Timestamp:    5098826e

Exception Code:    40000015

Exception Offset:    00000000000740da

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    50c4

Additional Information 2:    50c4d85164a96dd87444c41de660c100

Additional Information 3:    d2c2

Additional Information 4:    d2c29df5c236c6e76ebfbcd9ce6595fd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try System Restore and go back a day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion. I just tried it, but it didn't solve the problem. InDesign still crashes at the starting trackers step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Replace Your Preferences for the paths to the two folders in your user profile where ID stores the prefs (one in AppCata Roaming, the other AppData Local) and make sure both your user and System have full privileges to the Adobe Folders and all subfolders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished an online chat with Adobe support. After repairing the installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 redistributables (which I had done before), the rep renamed the En_US preferences folder so InDesign would create a new one when it started. That solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an identical issue. I cannot get into the app at all. It was working fine, then it wasn't. I have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions (apart from trashing all of my fonts...I mean, really Adobe? Really?). This is incredibly frustrating and I am wasting tons of valuable time!! This is not okay.

Here is my application error log (for comparison):

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          12/18/2014 12:58:43 AM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:        Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      DXMachina

Description:

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 10.1.0.70, time stamp: 0x5424e38b

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x00000000000740c4

Faulting process id: 0x41ac

Faulting application start time: 0x01d01a87a3119754

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll

Report Id: ebbaef4e-867a-11e4-bf13-1867b0268648

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have already...

...uninstalled several fonts with special characters in their names (probably needlessly because none of them were installed since the last time it was working).

...logged out/back in to Creative Cloud.

...reinstalled InDesign (twice).

I will try what you suggest, and let the group know if it fixes my issue. Mine also seems to crash right around the "Loading Trackers" phase of startup.

Indesign Crash.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an identicle problem having installed it last night it worked fine since then I keep getting the message box above???

Please can anyone help me I urgently need this software over Christmas!!

I did try repairing the installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 redistributables but it still crashes

'I see above the rep renamed the En_US preferences folder so InDesign would create a new one when it started. That solved the problem'

how do i do this??????????????????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a hidden folder so you need to set Explorer to show hidden files and folder in the View tab of the Folder Options dialog. See Replace Your Preferences for where to look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't understand what I need to do or where to look?

This is crazy I'm glade I've not paid for this and its just a trial!

I am resonably good on computers but had no idea you needed to be a geek to use Adobe!!

Rather than send me a link please explain in more detail how to re-name this data files to get Adobe InDesign to work??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Windows Explorer.

Click Tools > Folder Options > View (tab). If the Tolls menu is hidden, I believe you can get there from the Organize button, too.

In the View tab scroll down if necessary (probably not) and under Hidden Files and Folders click the radio button to show them. I'd also uncheck the box to hide extensions for known file types and check the box to show the full path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kevinfagan,

May be this document can help you. Please check.

Adobe Indesign has stopped working (Faulting module name: MSVCR110.dll)

Also you can refer to this to unhide Appdata in Windows 7:

Can’t see the AppData folder? | CyberText Newsletter

Thanks,

Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU Nikhil !!!  I had the same problem and your suggestion worked perfectly with no problems.

You are a life saver and I have saved the info in case it would happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines