Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing and Sound problems

Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some problems with the new version of Flash Player.

First when ever I tried to watch videos it would occasionally cut out the sound. So I reinstalled it, but now it crashes whenever I open a page with a video. And I mean it crashes 4 times a minute!

I have a older Windows OS (not sure what version)

I use Firefox 34

And the Flash Player I'm having trouble with is 16.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found if you remove the Adobe NPAPI file from the Add/Remove Programs it should stop the issue. Granted, some video files on some sites will not be playable, but its a minor issue that should be fixed soon, if Adobe even knows that this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you possibly give me instruction on how to do that?

I should've mentioned how I don't know that much about Flash Player other than how to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

its usually the same for most windows from XP to 7. Start->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs. when that list loads, there should be a file name "Adobe Flash Player (xxx) NPAPI (blah blah blah)

just click on that file and then uninstall.

If you are worried about messing up your computer and files, dont click on anything else and there shouldn't be a problem. this fix worked for me with Windows 7 and the latest updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines