• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro CC2014.2 crashes on launch: c:\cloudroom\releases\2014.09\shared\adobe\mediacore\mediafoundation\api\inc\Keyframe/Keyframe.h-146

Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just updated to cc 2014.2. The first time I opened an existing project, it woked fine. Then I created a new project and premiere crashed. Since this first crash, premiere crashed evey time I try to open a project.

Fehler_1.PNG

This means "a serious failure occurred..."

Fehler_2.PNG

Nice update, this is a really handy feature 😉

Johannes

===============================================================

Title edited by moderator to include the specific error.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

We are investigating this issue. What's causing Premiere to crash is that file where custom effects presets are saved is getting corrupted. What we have not yet isolated is how it's getting corrupted--that is, how to reproduce this issue.

The workaround is to delete the the file: Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset, which is stored here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\8.0\Profile-<username>

Any information you can provide about your custom presets could help us isolate how to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I forgot my system specs.

Win 8.1

Intel i7 960x

24gb ram

GTX 680

CC 2014.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

It seems like this might be a common error with the new update...

I have the exact same problem, exact same error text. This shows up even if I try to create a new project.

I thought it could be the result of an error during the installation routine, but when I uninstalled and installed new, the error still occurs.

Has anybody found a solution for this problem yet?

Regards

Fabian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

i have exactly the same problem. the only that is resolving this, is the "adobeold" trick. that means that everytime i need to open a new project or open a new one, i have to go to documents and rename the "Adobe" folder into "Adobeold" or smth like that, and then, open my project. the problem is that everytime, presets dissapear, and keyboard shortcuts too. meanning that everything goes back to default and i have to do it all over again from the begining. this sucks. i forgot to say, that, when i got "The support" from the adobe guys when i asked why this is happening, the just say : there is no specific reason...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chrisanthi Pel,

thank you so much! I was installing, unistalling, trying this and that... your trick is the solution!

For your problem with the keyboard shortcuts; the next time you have setup your system with all your personal setting (inkluding sutom effect presets, render presets, etc) just syncronize it with the cloud. Then after doing our trick, you can sync back from the cloud. this takes 10 seconds and all your settings are back.

Tanks again!

Johannes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi jojejo, glad to help

i ve tryied to sync with the cloud, but as soon as i synchronise, the error pops up.. so.. its not working for me. :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar crashing problem since the update to 2014.2 - My system crashes while scrubbing, alt clicking, adding an edit... I've tried the following; with no avail,

Uninstalling Premiere and Reinstalling,

Renaming the Adobe Folder within, My Documents, and then re-syncing my settings with the cloud.

I thought it may be a driver issue with my K5000 however, I have updated to the latest driver (clean installation) and it still is having the same issue,...

I am going to attempt to go back to 2014.1 with a direct install.

Jennifer Stern

HPZ820

Windows 7 Ultimate,

2.6 (Two Processors)

128 Gig of Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are investigating this issue. What's causing Premiere to crash is that file where custom effects presets are saved is getting corrupted. What we have not yet isolated is how it's getting corrupted--that is, how to reproduce this issue.

The workaround is to delete the the file: Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset, which is stored here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\8.0\Profile-<username>

Any information you can provide about your custom presets could help us isolate how to reproduce this problem, which is key to fixing it correctly--and confirming that it's fixed.

1. Did you create your own custom presets of get them from a 3rd party vendor
  2. Did you create new presets in 8.2, import third party presets directly into 8.2, or import your own or third party presets from an earlier version of Premiere Pro?
    1. If you imported them, how exactly did you do so? Via Premiere's Import Presets command or by manually copying the .prfpset file from an earlier version?
    2. Also, if you imported them from an earlier version, do you know exactly which version(s) the presets file passed through?
  3. If you created them in 8.2, was iCloud installed at the time?
  4. Were you able to launch Premiere successfully after creating or importing effect presets, or did it start crashing on the very next launch. If Premiere succeeded in launching even once after adding the custom presets, then any information you can provide about what you did within Premiere in the session immediately prior to the first crash could be tremendously valuable.

If your custom presets originated from a third-party download (as opposed to being your own home-made ones), and if you originally imported them in an earlier version of Premiere, then you might be able to get them back into operation by importing them directly into 8.2. We suspect that a key to the bug is that the .prfpset file was “touched” by an earlier version.

Our apologies for the inconvenience and stress, and our thanks for any info you can provide to help identify the cause and fix it.

@ Jennifer: given that you're able to launch Premiere successfully and the crash doesn't occur until you scrub the Timeline or perform various editing operations, I'm pretty sure that you're hitting another issue altogether. I recommend starting a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mark for the reply,...

Yes, I do have custom presets that I have created with third party plugins and without... Meaning, Presets that are using native Premiere Effects...

Unfortunately, after uninstalling and reinstalling CC 2014.2 with no preferences saved or effects imported (I always export my effects presets, just in case)...

It still happens,... So I have uninstalled Premiere and re-installed 2014 (direct download) and updated it to 2014.1 (direct download)...

Its working fine, as it always has...

I have a few educational edits I have to do over the next few days and when I have them finished I will update to 2014.2 and get to the bottom of this issue with Windows 7 Ultimate...

I also thought it may have something to do with Cineform/GoPro Clips, I updated my GoPro Studio, just in case... but it still happens, "Gosh I like that Codec"... Scrubs like butter...

Thanks again Mark

Jennifer Stern

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi jennifer,

would you like to provide us a link to download premiere with the previous update? i am a tv series editor, and really i don't have the time to do the "fix" trick i suggested yesterday everytime i need to open a project. i am wasting a lot of time doing this everytime.  to downgrade an update is the best solution right now, until adobe bring us a newer update with no these kind of errors. can you provide the link for direct download for 2014.1 ?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install a previous version of any Creative Cloud application

Please read

Update: Premiere Pro CC 2014.0.1 (8.0.1)

in the link provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately i have the same unsolved problem while working with premiere cc 2014.

and it's getting me crazy right now, so please do me a favour and help me out or give me a hint.

the 2nd curious thing is, that the flappy downgrade to a previous version like 2014.1 doesnt really

work. it'S because the linked page you mentioned provides indeed those upgrades files (even in diverse

versions, which is very pleasant) BUT there are no program files or installation files, someone could upgrade

from. thats the sad thing. the link mentioned to the trial versions on the page doesnt work, because

the files are located in a directory, ( Adobe CC 2014 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2014 Release | ProDesignTools ,

http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PHSP/15/win64/Photoshop_15_LS20_win64.7z?PID=2159997)  my access to is denied.

"

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PHSP/15/win64/Photoshop_15_LS20_win64.7z?" on this server.

Reference #18.6dd19c3e.1421430840.18fc0da5  "

Where can I download the CC 2014.1 versions?  I would really appreciate if someone could

help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PHSP/15/win64/Photoshop_15_LS20_win64.7z?" on this server.

Reference #18.6dd19c3e.1421430840.18fc0da5  "

read the instructions, then you will be able to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I'd like to emphasize that this thread is specific to the first error message shown in the first post above: c:\cloudroom\releases\2014.09\shared\adobe\mediacore\mediafoundation\api\. [This error message gets cut off in the dialog box; the end of it reads "\inc\Keyframe/Keyframe.h-146."] If Premiere is crashing on launch but not showing that error message, then you are encountering a completely different issue: the workaround below will not help you, and your reports in this thread will confuse the discussion.

As far as we are aware at this point in our investigation, only the "Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset" file is involved. What's going wrong is that the keyframe data in custom effects presets is getting corrupted. The error message--if you could see the whole thing--refers specifically to a problem with keyframes. The other files that are stored in the "Profile-<username>" folder are specific to specific to keyboard shortcuts, workspaces, and preferences, which have nothing to do with keyframes. So even if they were somehow getting corrupted by the same bug, the error message would be different.

Therefore, if you prefer to stay with 2014.2 rather than reverting to an earlier version, the workaround we recommend is to delete (or rename or move) only the Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset and then avoid importing effect presets saved in an earlier version. Also, if you use sync settings, disable the option to sync Preferences/Settings so that problematic settings don't get reintroduced. Renaming the whole Profle-<username> folder is overkill, causing far more inconvenience than necessary to avoid this crash.

One thing we do not yet know is whether effect presets created & saved in 8.2 can get corrupted.

Thanks to all who have provided additional information. Resolving this issue is a top priority for us. We'll do our best to keep you updated on the status as we learn more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! Its Work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolving this issue is a top priority for us.

Hi Mark, any news about this topic? It's almost one month ago now...

Regards and happy new year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem. Nothing helps. Can someone help me. I need a job to finish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please elaborate on exactly what you mean by both "same problem" and "nothing helps." More specifically,

1. do you hit this crash only when you open an existing project or also when you try to create a new project?
  2. what have you tried to resolve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem:

1. I opened a file from a premiere premiere CC (no 2014). The file (preiere) crashes.

2. Every time I open Premiere I get the message: It appears that Adobe Premier Pro closed unexpectedly in the previous session. Do you want to open the previous project? (I choose: No)

3. I open a new project.

4. There is provided a Premiere bug: {c; \ punch line dream \ releases \ 2014.0 \ shared \ adobe \ media core \ media foundation \ api \ in ...

5. In windows I created a new user profile.

6. Premiere start in the new urser profile well. (So it must be in the user profile.)

7. I overwrite the following folders from the new profile to the old profile.

C: \ Users \ ..... Documents \ Adobe \ Premiere Pro

C: \ Users \ g ..... \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ Premiere Pro

8. Same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I've the same problem. Please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this gets really frustrating because it is February 4th and no patch is out to help us solve this mysterious problem. Same problem here means that even after a clean install of Windows, the problem persists. Please help us immediately, Adobe! We need to have a fully working program, not one that once a day crashes with no obvious reason. PS. The only way to find a solution for the problem is to delete the problematic file Effectspresets inside 8.0 folder at my documents. Waiting for a specific answer, Stavros Symeonidis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been patiently searching the various threads for an answer to the Premiere Pro crash issue while my project sits idle and my deadline has passed. I think what you are seeing here is frustration and desperation to find an answer so that we can all just get on with doing our work. Pointing us to yet another new thread isn't helpful or productive. Perhaps take a moment and look through the various threads and see for yourself if you have not. We, your paying customers, need the software that we pay for to work. We have posted and posted and posted... Please take the larger, more engineer-like view (I am one too by the way) and try to solve the overarching or underlying problem. Premiere Pro in many versions and on many different systems is crashing regularly. The band-aids that get posted in these threads work momentarily or not at all. You have us, your paying customers, over a bit of a barrel. Most of us or our companies cannot afford to purchase other software and train on it right in the middle of our current projects. We trusted you Adobe and we gave you our business. Now, acknowledge that there is a huge problem and get it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark Mapes schrieb:

Resolving this issue is a top priority for us.

this is a quote from 19.12.2014.

Any news so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar error when running

скрин.png

The application works in conjunction with After effects, it is in AE there are third-party plug-ins like Colorista 2 But with AE I have no problems running. I think it was in the last update.

Win 8.1

Intel i7 4771

8gb ram

AMD radeon HD 7700

CC 2014.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

after a clean installation of premiere (before I renamed the adobe folder) premiere works fine.

Then I created a new export preset for H.264 and exported the movie. Then I wanted to export again, but the newly created preset didn't show up. It's also not stored in the adobe  folder. The next step was that I imported my old presets inside AME. These presets where created with previous versions of premiere ie cc2014 cc maybe also some still from cs6. I tryed again to save a new preset, and this times it woks.

BUT!!! when I opend an other project now, premiere crashes again with the same failure.

Please give me a hint. From where can I install the cc2014.1 release. In the cloud app there is only cc and the next is cc 2014.2. I dont have the time for playing a beta user. sorry.

Regards

Johannes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines