• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving files larger than 2gb in Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a large file for print and it's 2.07G with layers, and I'm getting the error when attempting to save the file that it's over the 2GB maximum.  I'm not seeing .psb in the dropdown menu for saving large files.  Any guidance on how to get around this and save the file?  I checked Preferences: File Handling and don't see anything useful there...

Thanks!

Kirsten

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Thanks so much for the speedy replies!  I reinstalled Photoshop CC and the Large Format Document is now in my Save menu. 

Cheers!

K

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be in there under large photoshop document. If not, which for reason it sounds like it isn't, you can save a layered Tiff up to 4GB in size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks BR, not seeing large photoshop doc.  Also, tried saving as Tiff and it gave error saying file is over max 4GB size, which isn't the case it's slightly over 2GB.... odd, any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Tiff tends to be pretty large - larger than a PSD. If you don't mind loosing layers, you could try saving as Photoshop Raw. Otherwise, I really don't know what to suggest. It's very strange that PSB isn't there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's odd, will reinstall photoshop cc and see if it clears issue... thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try a reset before re installing: Press Cmd+Opt+Shift (Mac) or Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Win) immediately after initiating Photoshop startup. Select "yes" when prompted. You have to be fast to get the keys pressed before Photoshop starts opening.

Please check back to let us know what works!

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the speedy replies!  I reinstalled Photoshop CC and the Large Format Document is now in my Save menu. 

Cheers!

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, and you're welcome! I'm glad you got it figured out..

Don't forget to mark your answer as correct so other users can find solutions to similar problems.

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work at all for me, and I'm not seeing an option for large format docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, me either. I can't save a large PSD file. What kind of nonsense is this? I worked 2 hours on a PSD and got an error message that the larger than 2GB PSD file could not be saved. That is horrid software programming. I have other photo software to try now. You must, must fix this. You also need to add vignetting as its own menu option in Adjustments. Vignetting is very important in photography. Your current method of using a radial gradient is poor. And it only works in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines