• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bootstrap and RH 11's Responsive HTML5 Layout

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My developers want to know if Bootstrap (http://getbootstrap.com/css/) was used in the development of the Responsive HTML5 layout. The answer may determine whether we upgrade to version 11. Does anyone know?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

The layouts don't use bootstrap. The layouts don't use any kind of CSS framework. It is entirely self-contained and optimised for help.

You can create a layout that does use it, there's nothing blocking it. But as Peter mentioned it, will require a thorough understanding of HTML and CSS. In my experience, most people take a look at what it entails and then hire me to do it 😉

For a seamless experience, I can think of a few options. You can create a bootstrap layout (or without bootstrap) to match

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea – shoot an e-mail to the RH tech team at tcs.support@adobe.com<mailto:tcs.support@adobe.com>

BTW – what difference does it make?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response and for the RH tech team links.

This is an issue for my developers since they want the Help displayed in a new Web application to perfectly match it--with a seamless look and feel. My developers think that this is more likely to be achieved if Bootstrap was also used in the development of RH 11. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you generated a sample of the HTML5 help for them to have a look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a 30-day trial version of RH 11 and I'm working in the Layout Customization window to create a skin that matches the Web application's css specs. If I can match the look and demo the layout for my developers, that may suffice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam van Weelden may know the answer for sure but I am reasonably confident in saying Bootstrap was not used. It should be the case that if you can modify the layout.css and the layout pages in Project Setup that you will achieve what you want.

The CSS and the HTML is complex so you will need a high level of HTML and CSS knowledge if you want to make changes beyond those that can be achieved from the layout editor.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layouts don't use bootstrap. The layouts don't use any kind of CSS framework. It is entirely self-contained and optimised for help.

You can create a layout that does use it, there's nothing blocking it. But as Peter mentioned it, will require a thorough understanding of HTML and CSS. In my experience, most people take a look at what it entails and then hire me to do it 😉

For a seamless experience, I can think of a few options. You can create a bootstrap layout (or without bootstrap) to match the design. You can also generate an XML layout and let your developers inforporate it into their application. I don't think any HAT has an output based on bootstrap.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That's what I needed to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp