• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I export a video for posting in Facebook?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Pro CC on a Windows PC. My videos look just awful uploaded to Facebook. Shot in 1920x1080 29.97, looks great in PP, really bad in Facebook

When I upload a video into Facebook it gets so badly compressed, it looks like I shot it on a cell phone from a decade ago. Are there export settings that I need to set? I don't see a preset for Facebook. I tried H.264 YouTube settings for HD, but I think Facebook is recompressing the file. What do you use to export for Facebook? I'm using  a Canon XF300 HD camera - it does a great job, but Facebook postings are awful. Help!

Message was edited by: Kevin Monahan

Reason: Title was too long and not searchable

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a batch of 1920x1080 clips for FaceBook last week and got excellent results using the "Vimeo" 1080p preset for H.264. Just be sure that when viewing on Facebook to hit the HD button or it will look nasty using default viewing mode. In HD, I was able to change to full-screen mode on my 24" PC display and it looked amazing.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PERFECT!!!! That's EXACTLY what I needed. Thanks so much for taking the time to write --

Larry Becker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - finally finished another video and posted it - and it STILL looks awful until you choose the HD option. Some videos I've seen look great right on the timeline. Is there a secret to making that happen? I don't think most people will go to the trouble of hitting the HD button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see there's a 720P preset in media encoder...But no 1080 option.  Does Facebook only support 720p?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on Facebook's help page, it only supports a max of 1280px wide, which is essentially what 720p is. Although you could go larger if you use a different aspect ratio.

How can I make sure my videos are high quality? | Facebook Help Center | Facebook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines