• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can only generate printed doc on antiquated PC

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2007 Sep 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I've mentioned this before, but it still hasn't been solved. I have a little bit more information, so perhaps somebody out there can help me.. . . .PLEASE!

The SAME documentation, An RH X5 document that converts into a 750-page manual, generates printed documentation with NO problem on PC A, and fails on PCs B and C with "malformed document," messages, and it only prints 450 pages of the document on PCs B and C, including the index (but only of the first 450 - or so pages). On PC A, it chugs along slowly, but happily, and produces a much prettier (lists look better, images look better, etc) and COMPLETE document.

PC A is:

Intel Pentium 4 processor 1.70GHz
1,047,568 KB RAM
Microsoft Windows 2000 5.00.2195 service pack 4
Microsoft Word 2000 (9.0.4402 SR-1)

PC B is:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz
2.99 GHz, 200 GB of RAM
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2
MS Office Word 2003 (11.8134.8132) SP2

PC C is

The same as PC B, but with Windows XP Professional Edition
and MS Office Word 2003 (11.8125.8122) SP2

Breaking the document into two documents in order to generate it on PCs B or C causes a plethora of other time-consuming production problems, header-Hell among them. There must some other solution other than not to upgrade the
older PC, or split the document into two on the newer faster machines. I eagerly await your suggestions! Thanks so much in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a classic example of why it is best to continue an existing thread.
1] I know I replied to you before but what did I say? Now I have got to go hunting for that thread. I am supposed to be on holiday for a few days.
2] Anyone else who has this problem may go to your first post, conclude there is no answer and give up. If the answer does get found in this thread, it has done that person no favours.
Folks, please don't start new threads when dealing with EXACTLY the same problem. Most of the hard core supporters get notified of ALL posts by email. Those who do view via the web will also not miss your post. When a thread is updated, the post goes to the top of the list again.
I'll now try to find your post.
Remind me:
1] What happened when you used the Style Mapping template that I suggested?
2] Did you use FAR or some other multi file find and replace tool to find any reference to the code below?
<p style="mso-bookmark:
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having found the other post, I think it better to continue that thread in view of all the relevant information there.

See http://tinyurl.com/2xnhf5
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2007 Sep 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am also posting some additional information here, since the issue of which version of WORD was being used was
mentioned here. FYI, it worked with Windows XP running demo RH6 with MS Word 2000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp