Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: This ANE does not support Desktop(Mac) platform

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 Premium on OS X 10.8 and now I'm having problem

First I tried Adobe Native Extension from Gaming SDK, which I posted the problem here. I also found other posted about this error but I started to assume this might be caused by another factor.

For example, I tried Gyroscope ANE before on OS X 10.6 and 10.7. Everything goes fine. Until now, in OS X 10.8, I got this error: This ANE does not support Desktop(Mac) platform

As I posted screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 4.13.22 PM.png

I don't sure this issue caused from OS X 10.8 or not. I think you or someone can test this on OS X 10.7, Windows 7, and Windows 8, and comment below for succeed for failed using ANE on FB project.

Another assumption is ANE may build with different environment. But I don't know this would affect or not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teerasej,

By default, when an ANE is added to a Flex/ActionScript mobile project, it lets you know what are the un-supported targets for that ANE( i.e., both iOS and Android on device and current desktop) whichever are applicable. It is the expected behaviour.

So for the above ANE, it doesn't support launching on Mac Desktop(its just an info to the user that if he tries launching on AIR Simulator it will throw an error if this ANE is added/used in the project), it can be used in the project and can be launched both on iDevice and android device.

-Hari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you cannot use the iOS simulator in the latest XCode build.  This is a bit of a catch-22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder if this Adobe Blog post could be updated for Desktop Mac: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/native-extensions-for-air/extensions/gyroscope.html

Or update the ANE to support desktop. Otherwise, we will get errors like this when we try to use it:

Error occurred while packaging the application:

Error: libgyroscopeExtension.a are required to have universal iOS libraries. Please contact the ANE developer(s) to get the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines