• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I overcome error message "Installer failed to initialize."

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Production Premium CS5.5.  I need to install it on a new computer.  The files downloaded fine.  When I double-click on "Setup.exe," the install starts, but I get the error message "Installer failed to initialize."  How do I overcome that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The explanation of getting the log file and analyzing it specified the location for the log file at \Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers.  I have Windows 8.  I went to the "Common Files" subdirectory and there is no Adobe subidrectory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I made a mistake.  I wasn't looking in the Program Files (x86).  I did look there and found the Adobe subdirectory, but no subdirectory for an installer.  Does that mean the installer wasn't downloaded?  How do I download the installer?

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines