Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web Apps Expire by Time

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to make a web app to have items that expire at a Date AND Time rather than just date.

Is there a way to do this?

What I'm trying to do is have a countdown timer for an online broadcast. And after the broadcast is finished I would like it to countdown for the next week automatically. It's easy enough to do for a day, but the timer messes up once the time has passed and doesn't fix itself until the next day.

Cheers,

Mitch

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to do a script that works properly on the time and hides the content if it is past that date and time. Then the web app will disable (if that is how you have it setup) at the end of the day.

You can not run by time in BC. It only has the ability for days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam Dilley, Kind of a noob question, but do you know if the DateTime fields can capture both a date and a time? Can it accept a timestamp? I think the answer is no, but I want to confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No,

But with BC.Next Time stuff should start coming in, but you still wont be able to set a time just yet but that maybe a minor update to the date time selector in the admin but it maybe more. I will ask on it all in the new year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Liam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines