• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10-IE11 issue with Webhelp still not fixed in RH11?

Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I need to generate help that will run in IE 11.  I have TCS 5 with RH 11.  The TOC disappears like it did with RH10 output.  Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with the sample projects?

Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

Does it happen with all browsers?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Can you try to apply the following patch and see if it works for you:

WebHelp issues in RoboHelp versions 10 and 11

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mayank.  Sorry, the patch did not work.  The Contents panel is still blank in IE 11 and the Index is screwed up with half the items not appearing in the output.  Search works.

Followup question:  Can we create WebHelp output AT ALL for IE11?  I am beginning to wonder.  If not, Adobe should specifically mention that and provide a workaround!

I know that Multiscreen HTML 5 output works in IE11, but I need the help template and look and feel of the Webhelp output that we used in RH10 because it is branded with our corporate colors.  The Adobe HTML5 template has a lot of assets that we do not use and it does not have our branding, of course.

Can someone suggest a way to export a corporate-branded WebHelp template out of RH10 and import it into RH11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Can you check if you are facing this issue with all the projects or just this one? Are you able to reproduce the same on all the browsers (say, Chrome and firefox)?

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mayank.  I just regenerated the Webhelp output and viewed it in Chrome.  The issues are exactly the same.  The TOC panel is blank and the index does not display properly.

I have not tried any other project since this is my first project using TCS 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

It seems to be something within the project not specific to the browser (IE) . Try it with any other project say with just few topics and check on it. Also try to recreate the TOC and indexes and check if it works for you.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE11_Search_Issue.PNGIE11_TOC_Issue.PNGThanks Mayank.  I recreated the TOC and the Index manually.  The Index works.  I still have the same issue with the TOC pane not displaying anything, and now I see that the Active X control characters are still embedded in the help even after I allowed blocked content.  See attached screen shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Are you using any special characters in your project name or topic names (like @,#,$, % etc.) ? Please try to delete if any and check if you are getting the same issue. In case you still get any issues please share your contact delails with me in a priviate message and I will contact you.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No special characters.  Following all RH rules.  Please send me your private email address..sudakshina.piercy@jeppesen.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Please feel to reply back in case you are still facing any issues.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mayank, I hate to bother you again, but I need to. My help delivery requirement for IE11 has other requirements—IE9 and IE 10. I generated Multiscreen HTML 5 output for this, but am having trouble keeping the Screen layout editor up to edit the look and feel and put in our corporate colors. The generated help works fine on all three browsers but I cannot customize the layout with our colors.

That is why I asked you to help fix the Webhelp output so that I could deliver for IE9, 10, and 11.

As recommended by you, I have customized and generated Responsive HTML5 successfully, although there is one glitch about the font in the help topics that do not seem to pick up our Verdana font from the .css. One topic, for some mysterious reason, does pick up the font. The others are in the print font.

But what I really need help with is to fix the Webhelp output so that I can deliver output for IE9, IE 10, and IE 11. For some reason, the fix you applied has disappeared from my computer…can you please contact me again at your convenience?

Thank you very much!

Sudakshina (Su) Piercy

Contract Technical Writer

Product Training and Documentation

303-328-6600

55 Inverness Drive East | Englewood, CO 80112 | www.jeppesen.com<http://www.jeppesen.com/>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You never did respond to my post asking if the problems are unique to your project or if they also occur with the sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

You have said that the patch Mayank pointed you to did not help. However you haven't said whether you have Rh11 fully patched. You should be on 11.0.3. If not already installed, they may overwrite the patch you tried so reinstall that as well afterwards.

The screenshot you show suggests either Active X is not enabled or you have generated for 508 compliance.

There is no special procedure for updating your webhelp template in Rh11, if it worked in Rh10 it should work in Rh11.

Can you recreate these issues in a simple one or two topic project that you could send me via my site?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter.  I have moved to generating Responsive HTML5 output now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp