• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mac osx 10.7.5 prompts to update flash player - does not install.

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

merry x-mas everyone - hope you can save may holidays!

I've literally tried everything, I've found in other threads, but it still doesn't install adobe flash player.

Using:
mac os x 10.7.5 (would like to keep this version)
safari 6.1.6

problem: 2 days ago I was asked to update my flash player because my version is outdated. failed to install latest version of flash player 16 (also failed with older versions). system requirements should be ok, though

sytem requirements flash player 16:

• Mac OS X Version 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 oder 10.9
  • Safari 5.0 and higher, Mozilla Firefox 17, Google Chrome oder Opera 11

already tried: uninstall, deleting several suggested directories in "library" - e.g.: ...Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash\ Player OR ...Library/Caches/Adobe/Flash\ Player

any ideas what else to try? do I need a system update? is it the browser?
any help and ideas highly appreciated! best wishes, toni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I try to install and it installs up to 29%, or 35%, or 36%. Mine has been doing this for a week. I wish some tech people from Adobe would read these and fix this! I can't watch YouTube or any other flash video. Pisses me off that we are forced into Adobe and thus forced to wait on them to act! Any other options for flash players that aren't Adobe? I assume the video would have to be in that other format? Back to square one.

I have tried on other browsers to access videos to no avail. I have tried to download from other browsers and install to no avail. Given the myriad of other respondents regarding this same issue, I'm guessingno one else has found a suitable fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines