Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed, please...

Sep 20, 2007 Sep 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows XP with RoboHelp X5 to update WebHelp System originally created in version 9.1 (I think). In WYSIWYG, when you double-click the link to open the pop-up edit box, the box is empty (nothing there to edit). However, if I preview the content, the link does indeed bring up the DHTML drop-down text content. When I peruse through the true code, I am able to locate the content there as well (albiet among a lot of javascript references). Anyone have any idea why I can't get to the content in WYSIWYG for editing or what I can do to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoboHelpUser and welcome to the community. I'm surprised that tag hasn't been taken already! If the behaviour only happening on one dropdown, topic or project? If you can see the DHTML in the Truecode, try editing the content there and see if it becomes available in the WYSIWYG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Colum,

No, this is happening with every topic in entire project that uses DHTM drop-downs (at least 300 topics). I can edit the DHTML in True Code, and I can see the change using the preview feature, but I still cannot see the content in WYSIWYG.

I can, however create new DHTML content in this project which seems to be fine... This has me totally baflled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 9.1 is very old so my memory is a little rusty. I suspect this has something with the way DHTML was handled back in those days. Do you want to send me one of the affected HTM files and I'll see if I can reproduce the problem here. See my profile for an email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can find a fix for 9.1 users. Not sure it will work for X5 users. Click here for a potential fix. I suggest you take a copy of your project before testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Colum,

The link indicates the fix is for Japanese, Chinese, and Korean languages. Is there also an English version located elsewhere?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp