• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Flash Player does not work (crash) in Firefox.

Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash Player crashes every time it tries to load something that requires flash.

It is currently up-to-date, and I have not previously had any problems like this before.

I have a Windows 7, 64-bit system

Running a Firefox browser

I have tried the uninstall/reinstall several times now of both the Flash Player and firefox

As the crash window appears every time, I can't go in to the Flash Player's settings through the regular right-click method.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution to the flash player crashes within Firefox, and have not had a single flash playser crash in 6 months at least. The solution involves creating a task to run at regular intervals to delete certain prefetch files. NOT all of them as it is NOT necessary to delete them all.

I have wrote a script that will create the folder structer in programdata/scripts/ and place the exe that actually does the deleting, and have successfully imported the task into task scheduler.

That script is not 100% Automated in the above link, but will get you started.

I have one that i have been able to fully automate, You would just need to check task scheduler in Windows 7 to confirm it will successfully import on its own.

I am looking for testers to confirm this works. This should work on windows 7 64 and 32 bit. Not tested on Windows 8

If you want I can post this for you to see if it will resolve your problem?

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this exact post elsewhere, and I was hoping to avoid downloading some script to fix a problem that I haven't had until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck on it, as i am the one who made the script , and have had 100% success, but i guess good luck on a fix since this has been going on for years with Firefox and adobe flash

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, if you wouldn't mind posting the script, I'll try it to see if it works. I would still like to know other solutions that are out there or what exactly would make this problem arise so suddenly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to post the one where you can open the exe and read the contents of it to see the files. You will need the latest version of WINRAR to open it ( right click open with winrar ).

There is information in the bat files, etc... I urge you to look at it if you feel confident and undetstand it, but please double click the exe when you are ready to install it.

The script will also place a folder on your desktop called Fireofx which is where it will run the bat files. There is also an UNDo script in there to remove the 3 files as well. Once you are confident it is working etc... you can just delete.

We would appreciate any feedback

[Link to executable removed]

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that the script did what it was supposed to, that or, I'm not entirely sure how to properly run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just double click on the exe file you downloaded , thats it. a black cmd window should open and then when its done it will say success and then just press any key to close it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not say success, and I am unsure how I can trust someone using an account made yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then dont trust me and be on your way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No attempt to try and troubleshoot your own program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are unsure if you trust me. The program works flawlessly on my machine. I am on Win7 64 bit as well. Right click on my green icon and run as administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a Firefox folder on your desktop ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, GOOD! and you are saying that after you ran as administrator a black window didnt open up and run and then pause and something like this below didnt show?

SUCCESS: The scheduled task "Clear Firefox Prefetch" has successfully been creat

ed.

C:\Users\Carm\Desktop>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, at the end, there's an error that reads

ERROR: No mapping between account names and Security IDs was done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, my bad, my bad I was referencing my desktop not any user who uses it in the script.

Re-download it, and it should now work for you.

Sorry

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsxjjpexrvvnne9/Firefox_Flash_FIX%28x86%29.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a Success message now. Is there something else I need to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AWESOME!

NO there is nothing you need to do. The script works in the background and you will never notice it ever.

If you want to look at what it did you can open the firefox folder and click on task scheduler, then in the left pane you will see " Task Scheduler Library" just single click on it ( highlight it ) and in the middle pane you will see that task, and you can look at that if you so choose, and the actual files that do the deleting are located in: C:\ProgramData\Scripts.

You should not have to do anything its done.

IF you so choose to undo everything there is a file in the Firefox folder called Undo. that will delete the task and the folder and two files.

Thank You for you Patience and I am hopeing to hear back some positive results of zero crashes for flash player so this can help other out too.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash still crashes, though..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close it and re-open it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've closed and re-opened Firefox a few times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open C:\Windows\Prefetch

Look and see if there are two files in there that look like or start with: flashplayerplugin and PLUGIN-CONTAINER , and delete them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find either of those files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK that means the script is deleting the files, but you are still having flash player crashing?

You have made no additional modifications to Firefox or flash ?

Do you have any Firefox Bookmakrs to save and completely delete firefox including setting and re-install from scratch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines