• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to change the folder location in all hyperlinks in all topics in the project

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know if it is possible to change the folder location in the hyperlink address of all the links in all the topics in the project at once. I have one project at particular location with hyperlinks created from a particular location. Now, my client asked me to create the same project from scratch and reply the hyperlinks. Here, I have created the project in a new folder. However, I have to manually check each and every hyperlink in the topics and update the hyperlink according to the new folder.

Is it possible to do it once?

-Charudatta M.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

While I'm uncertain that I fully understand the issue here, as long as you have folders in RoboHelp and you choose to rearrange things, perhaps by moving one folder into another or similar, As long as you do it using the RoboHelp UI, RoboHelp *SHOULD* adjust any and all hyperlinks so that nothing is broken.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply. But, my issue is to remove the folder name from the hyperlink address of all the links

For example, currently hyperlink address for all the links is something like this "../../SeeTestAutomation/session5-InCommands.htm". Now, I want to update this address for all hyperlinks to "session5-InCommands.htm". Basically, remove the folders in the address. I want to know if there is any option to do for all the links or I have do it manually for all the links.

-Charudatta M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again

Okay, when you have a hyperlink, you don't normally link to just a folder. I do understand that you have a folder name in the mix of things. But I might think that if you are linking, it's to SOMETHING inside the folder, no? (other topics, etc.)

As that's likely to be the case, I'm failing to understand why you need to amend all the links when RoboHelp does that for you automatically (assuming you are properly using it).

There is certainly a scripting language that exists in recent versions. Perhaps you could hire Willam to create a script to accomplish what you want.

The bottom line here is that I suspect you are working outside of RoboHelp and as a result, you are likely causing yourself headaches and hardship.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp