• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aspect Ratio change in Adobe Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I am completely new to APP editing so this might seem like a very obvious question. My source footage is in 16:9 and it seems like the timeline image is in 4:3 and therefore a part of the image is cut off. I changed the Pixel Aspect Ratio in Sequence Settings to 16:9 but the image is still cut off in the Program window. I am working on a Macbook Pro and have APR CC 2014. Thank you in advance for you help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start a new sequence by dragging a clip into the new item icon.

right bottom corner Project Window.

This will give you a correct framesize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ana, thank you for your response. I have already started editing and have various clips on my timeline. Can I change the frame size even tough I have already started my project? This is very frustrating as I cannot see the entire image in my Program window. Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new sequence to match the footage, then select all the clips in you existing sequence, copy and then paste into your new one. This will bring over all your clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Richard, thank you for your response. I just tried that, changing the Pixel Aspect Ratio in Sequence Settings to 16:9. The screen size changed but the image itself is still cropped. Is there something else I need to modify in the Settings window of the new sequence in order to have the image fit the screen? Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made a sequence from one of your clips in the way Ann suggested? This should make a sequence that does not need changing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing from one long movie that is in my source window, selecting clips from there and then dragging them directly into my timeline. Should I be dragging them into my Sequence in the Project window first (was that what Ann was referring to?)? If so, how can I recuperate all the work that I have already done on my timeline? Please excuse my ignorance guys, I really appreciate your help! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First make a sequence to match your footage. In the project panel right click the video file and select 'new sequence from clip'. Then delete the video in the sequence. You now have an empty but correct sequence. Go to your edited sequence and lasso select all the clips then right click copy. Open your empty sequence and paste the clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Richard!!! It worked Happy Holidays!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad we could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines