• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connection Error: Digital editions could no connect to the activation server.

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm using Windows 7 and Adobe Digital Editions 4.0.2. Every time I try to authorize my computer with my Adobe-ID (which is working properly since I can log in to my Adobe account without any trouble) it says "connection error: digital editions could not connect to the activation server. Please check that you are connected to the internet." although my internet connection is working properly.

I tried deinstalling and reinstalling ADE, I deactivated my firewall, I've tried to download ADE via Internet Explorer (I'm usually using Firefox) with all the settings recommended here: http://tohellmylovewithyou.wordpress.com/2010/08/05/ade/ , and deleting the authorization is not possible and thus does not work either.

None of these things has helped and I haven't found any other recommendations in forums or elswhere.

Could someone help me solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem (different laptop), but cannot get connected to authorise pc????? very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. new kobo aura and cant put any library books on it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2014 Dec 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error.

Yay - the content is now so protected even I cannot read it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

would love to know how to fix it, i have tried everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We fixed the problem by downloading version 3. This then worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Kobo Aura ebook and I experience the same problem..."E_AUTH_NOT_READY" error!

Chat assistance doesn't work...help us please! My Adobe ID account is ok but I can't authorize my pc and so I can't transfer ebook protected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading 3.0 version and ensure kobo is connected to computer u r trying to authorize.

Leanne

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with the 3.0 version but nothing changes. Same "E_AUTH_NOT_READY" error trying to authorize computer and ebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried and retried with version 4.0 and finally...I succeed in authorize my pc and my Kobo Aura!

This time I didn't request to authorize my computer but I added an ebook protected to my Adobe Digital Editions library and then I tried to open it. When the program asked me the authorization to read the ebook I used my Adobe ID and...magically I get it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could authorise on version 3, but I kept on getting a connection error when trying to open a protected acsm file.

What worked for me was that I set Internet Explorer as my default browser and reset the settings in internet explorer: tools - internet options - advanced - reset.

After that I did not get the connection error message anymore and I could open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines