• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arrow-keying through the Nav pane?

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2006 Oct 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to allow the directional arrow keys to navigate through the books and topics in the nav panel?

Pressing Enter will toggle a book open / closed, but that's all it appears I can do there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2006 Oct 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ClubHans

I think you need to use the Tab key to move between pages at the same level.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2007 Sep 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the TAB only allows you to go down. What if you shoot by the book you need? There doesn't seem to be a way to tab up. The latest WebHelp I generated has this issue. Our previous help, in Flash, had no problems at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heather, Hans -

Use <tab> to move forward, <shift><tab> to move back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is *no way* to use the arrows? To me, that's peoples' first thought. Plus, the arrows work fine in FlashHelp. Can you just let me know if "there is NO WAY to use the arrows," because then I'll stop looking for it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Heather

Keep in mind that with FlashHelp, you are interacting with the TOC in a way that is worlds apart from WebHelp. With WebHelp, you are interacting with typical browser components. With FlashHelp, you are actually interacting with a Flash object that is sitting where the TOC pane is.

This is probably why the behavior is different.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp