• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

internet explorer 8

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a customer that can't login using explorer 8.  can i change something in the code for this older browser.  also how do i check other browsers for compatability?

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need to encourage your user to update his web browser. IE 8 is very old and way outdated. If he is on Windows XP have your customer use Firefox or Chrome. If your cusomter is on a newer version of Windows have him update Internet Explorer to a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed with Lynda, IE8 isn't even HTML5 fully compatible, I don't support IE8 in my standard contract and near double the price if the client needs it because you it's now easier to write code for everything else and another set of code for IE8 and below (it's that bad) than trying to make 1 piece of code work for all.

The end of life for IE8 from Microsoft is also less than 12 months away so they need to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines