Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The times are changiing

LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2007 Sep 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

For anyone participating here, if you use these forums as I do, you never see the main forums page listing all the available forums. A major change will occur next week that you all need to know about. So anyone interested, you should read the page at this link in preparation.

The look and feel will be similar, but I'm sure it will be very awkward for a while.

Cheers... Rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2007 Sep 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this Rick. I for one was unaware of the change. Glad to hear that Adobe have listened to the user feedback though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean that I'll be able to see all RH and Captivate forums with new messages highlighted? Because the current setup forces me to either jump into RH and make all Captivate forums "read" when I visit or jump into Captivate and make all RH forums "read" when I visit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Chet

I really wish I had an answer for you. Basically, I was aware a couple of months back that some changes were coming, but unaware until a couple of days ago that they were coming so soon. As soon as I found out the changes were being implemented next week, I figured I'd better alert the masses, because if you are looking at the forums like I am, you don't go through that main forums page. You just go directly into the RoboHelp or Captivate forums.

Personally, all my messages are delivered to me by E-mail as each post occurs. This is why I have two different monikers. Captiv8r and RoboWizard. I found out early on that it was all or nothing with Email. If I set it up for RoboHelp posts and went to the Captivate forums and set it up, I stopped getting RoboHelp messages. When I went back to RoboHelp to set it up I stopped getting Captivate messages. It was nuts.

So I'll be learning along with the rest of you on this! One thing I do like and hope they don't change, is that I can insert images that sit elsewhere. This means that I can post example screenshots and whatnot. That's cool. I think the way we create links needs a lot of work and is a step backward, but with any change is a trade off!

Cheers all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp