• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Flash on Mac Yosemite with Firefox

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Yosemite OS X 10.10.1 on a Mac and Firefox 34.0.5 is my browser and I simply CANNOT get Flash to load properly.

I had Flash until a couple of days ago when I was prompted to download the new version.

It wouldn't install and in trying to sort the problem out by following the help instructions I was prompted to uninstall which I did and have got rid of all Flash player files and plug ins etc but it still wont install properly and keeps freezing between 25% and 45%.

Any ideas anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Opps! While typing that last message I was trying another install and I just noticed that it was successful.

I guess persistence may still work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problems, except, using Adobe's recommended installer it goes to 97 % before stopping.

I have uninstalled the old version as recommended and I have tried the alternative installers (one for Safari and Firefox and the other for Opera and Chrome). For those the installer stops at 95% rather than 97 %.

In checking each it appears that the flash player did install on Chrome so I am able to view Flash applications using Chrome, at least. This has to be a compatibility problem within the new Flash Player and Adobe should fix it ASAP! Knowing Apples attitude about Flash I'm sure any fix won't come from that direction.

One individual recommended shutting down everything but the flash player updater and then trying installation over and over until it eventually gets a complete install. a reply to that indicated that it worked for one individual. But that method has not worked for me!

So long as flash based items are posted to websites I guess we are crippled until Adobe provides a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opps! While typing that last message I was trying another install and I just noticed that it was successful.

I guess persistence may still work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers John, though persistence has its limits right now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just as I wrote that mine too installed! Maybe we're onto something here?!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this: I created it and it worked for 2 installs in a row after hours of frustration:

Trouble Installing Flash Player 16 on Mac OS X 10.8.5? Success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines