• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing latest flash. Possible conflict with Matlab (mac)

Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently downloaded the latest .dmg file of flash player for mac and when I look at the file it has the extension .dmg.mdlp. This opens Matlab (which is obviously not a part of the installation process). I then look at the files in a different folder where the .mdlp extension seems to have been removed. Doubleclicking on this file brings up the installer package and I double click on the disc image. This then opens a grey window where I briefly see a loading bar which promptly disappears. The window the remains grey and empty. Do you guys have any idea how to deal with this? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I've had matlab installed for a long time and have gone through several flash updates without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please see my post which solved it for me.  Avoid the update DMG files. Let me know if this works for you!

Trouble Installing Flash Player 16 on Mac OS X 10.8.5? Success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines