• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message : "Check Activation"?

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2014 Dec 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Adobe Digital Editions and authorized my computer. When I try to open a downloaded library book, I get the error message "Check Activation." Can someone please help?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, I have no answer - just another user facing the same issue.  I have adobe digital editions 4.0 installed on windows 7 x64 Ultimate.  When I try to add an .acsm to my library I get a popup with "Error! Check Activation."  This is after I have authorized with my Adobe ID, and I checked that I was indeed authorized and indeed I was:

Help!  Please!!!

Matt Cushman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description is exactly what happens to me. Please,.someone?

On Dec 29, 2014 3:45 PM, "Digital Editionjs forum" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have exactly the same problem. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling adobe and my computer has been authorized with the correct e-mail address, but still the library books will not open.

please help. this was a gift and it will not work. very disapointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2015 Jan 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I'm having the same problem. I could download from the Kobo store but cannot get e-books from the library downloaded on to my device. Keep getting same error message of "Check Authorization" . I have tried redoing the authorization process and re-downloaded Digital editions. Neither of these helped in any way. Please let me know if anyone can figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i talked to my library and they advised that there had been problems with version 4.0 and that there was a new version 4.0.2. I deactivated the authorization and uninstalled the old adobe and then deleted the downloaded books from my computer. i restarted my computer and reinstalled the newer version of adobe and downloaded another book - when prompted i authorizes the computer. this worked..... i still could not open the old books, but is now works with new downloaded books. i think i also had a problem with the adope password as i think i gave two differatn ones when i reinstalled previously - so make sure you have the correct password.

hope this helps

gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer on another discussion:

"Please try de authorizing and then re authorize(do this only if you remember your ID and password). Hope this helps" It worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me (deauthorize and then authorize) but you do have to know your ID and PW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling ADE and deactivating/reactivating my device didn't change anything.  I still get "Check Activation" pop-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same "check activation" error. Isn't the purpose of sw to be able to transfer our libraries to any computer/device with the same ID? How does that work? It seems impossible to recover books previously installed on another computer and it makes it less tempting to buy new ones - at least until the problem is solved. Suggestions anyone? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The other posts referenced show everyone having success by erasing the computer authorization (CTL-SHFT-D) then re-authorizing.

My ADE software is not allowing me to erase the authorization.I am using the correct password. I now get the message "Unable to Erase Authorization. Please try after some time." I retried again this morning and still same message. Very frustrating.

Running ADE Version 4.0.3.110333 on Windows 8.1 on HP Stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines