• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple webhelp indexes

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I want to do in Robohelp seems like it should be possible but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it.  I have a single project file that contains multiple folders, one for each application in a suite of related applications.  Currently in webhelp there is one file called index.htm that contains the index for all folders in the project.  I need this, but I also need an additional .htm file in webhelp that contains the index for a single folder of my project.  Why do I need this?  I want my users who are using one of my applications to be able to view an index file just for that application, not for all applications of the software suite.  How can I do this in robohelp?  If this cannot be done then this is a serious limitation of Robohelp.  And please don't tell me I need to make one project file per application in order to accomplish this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well darned if my crystal ball isn't working and I woke up feeling psychically fuzzy. Because of that, I'm unable to discern what version of RoboHelp you may be using. Sorry.

But on the outside chance it's version 10 or 11, you should consider looking into using DUCC (Dynamic User Centric Content) or "Content Categories". What you do is define different categories. Each category can have its own TOC and Index if you want. The end user chooses the category to work with by clicking the drop-down in the Navigation Mini Toolbar.

Note that using this feature will cause an exponential explosion of "behind the scenes" files.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am using Robohelp 11.  I will research using DUCC.  If you have any additional feedback, I'd be interested in hearing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp