• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeated installation freeze (with screen shots)--suggestions?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an ongoing issue with Flash installation.  Running Windows 7 64bit on a Lenovo T410.  Ancient junker, but doing alright other than this Flash issue.  The Chrome integrated flash is fully operational.  The issue is installation for Firefox 34.0.5 (most recent, though the issue began with a previous version and is on-going), which I prefer.

I download the appropriate and most up-to-date Version:

It downloads, I click run and approve the administrator right to modify.

Nothing new here.  The issue is the following:

Flash Installer opens to a blank screen:

It will remain blank for hours.  It will not close, though the minimize to toolbar is functional.  The only way to stop the process is through Task Manager.  This results in a confirm end-process warning.

The installer then closes immediately and I'm back to square one.  I've attempted install dozens of times.  I've uninstalled Firefox, downloaded through Chrome or IE, etc.  No luck.  It freezes every time.  This blank screen freeze has been on-going for months...every couple weeks I get bugged by Chrome and go back to trying to figure out the issue.  I've run the full uninstall on previous versions multiple times.  I've restarted before/after uninstall, running the download, etc dozens of times.

The only oddity that I see if the install download always has "32" in the title and this is a 64 bit OS.  But I don't know enough of the difference to know if that matters and this is the download recommended by Adobe for the OS and browser.

All help appreciated.  If you need further information, I'm happy to provide it (though if it's anything complex, please provide a step-by-step).

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Hi,

Sorry you're having problems installing Flash Player, but thank you for the detailed explanation of what's going on and what you've tried.  The following help pages outline common troubleshooting steps for Flash Player installation.  I suspect you've tried most of them but If you're unable to install using the online installers (which you've currently been using) we also provide "stand alone" versions of our installers towards the bottom of the page.  These stand alone installers will most li

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry you're having problems installing Flash Player, but thank you for the detailed explanation of what's going on and what you've tried.  The following help pages outline common troubleshooting steps for Flash Player installation.  I suspect you've tried most of them but If you're unable to install using the online installers (which you've currently been using) we also provide "stand alone" versions of our installers towards the bottom of the page.  These stand alone installers will most likely resolve this problem for you.

Windows - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

Mac - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant!  It worked perfectly.  Not sure how I missed that, I know I looked at that site before, but regardless, it's great to have fully-functional Flash back on Firefox.  Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines