Expand my Community achievements bar.

Opening LiveCycle generated pdf on mobile devices

Level 1

We have created numerous documents in LiveCycle ES3 so that the forms can be filled in and saved as a PDF, and so that some sections of the form can expand to accept large text blocks when needed.  The forms work perfectly when opened on a desktop version of Adobe Reader.  They don't open at all when users are attempting to view on a mobile device (Android, I Phone, I pad, etc).  The devices have the most current version of Adobe Reader installed, but still get an error message.

Is there any way to save the forms so that they can be read from a mobile device with Adobe Reader?  If not, are there any third party apps that will open the forms?  They don't need to be able to fill in.  The mobile users will only be opening the form and reading it.

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Forms designed in LiveCycle Designer ES3 are XFA based forms. They cannot be opened on mobile devices.

LiveCycle ES4 introduced Mobile Forms module which can render the existing XFA form as HTML5. More info here : http://helpx.adobe.com/livecycle/topics/mobile-forms-dev.html

-Wasil

Level 7

You may have some limited success getting static XFA forms to display on mobile devices. Dynamic XFA forms will only show the shell PDF (the one that says to upgrade your version of reader) in non XFA aware renderers.

Level 1

Thanks for the assistance WASIL and jnicholas330.  I will upgrade to ES4 and see if that provides the solution!