• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a document that explains the meaning of the various icons used in RoboHelp 11 interface?

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the images folder within my project, I see these 'icons' but don't know what they mean.

What does the green check mark indicate? What does the red X mean? I've search the documentation (.html pages) and found nothing that explains the meaning

CheckMark image icon.gifred X on image icon.gif

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Normally, the red x over an image indicates that the image has been referenced in a topic, but isn't being found on disk. Perhaps someone deleted it.

As for the green check mark, I believe these are related to using the image in conjunction with the Resource Manager. I believe the green check mark is an indication that the image is in sync with the copy of the image in the location specified by the Resource Manager.

Unless something exists in the help documents somewhere, I'm unaware of any table or cross reference for what the icon images mean. Sorry

For me, the help system for Adobe products is nearly unusable. I much preferred it when they offered CHM help. But I'm a lonely voice.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I also find the help system of almost no help. It explains topics but only from the perspective of someone very familiar with the program .

I'm unaware of the uses of the Resource Manager--should I be using it? Seems strange that only those 3 images have the connection with Resource Manager.

Still learning,

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange luck--I came across this table in the help system. It's a start

Adobe RoboHelp 11 * Create and manage projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again

I find it very odd that you would have no knowledge of the Resource Manager, yet be using images that are part of that aspect.

Is this by chance a project you inherited and are now responsible for maintaining? Or is it a project you personally created?

If you personally created it, is it a project that was created by using a template or did it begin life as a blank project?

For what it's worth, I just tested by adding an image from the Resource Manager and it looks identical to your sample. So it would appear my interpretation was correct.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp