• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having DRM authorization issues opening a library epub on my Kobo

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2015 Jan 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded an epub from the library and am having trouble opening it on my kobo.

It says the doc can't be opened b/c it's protected by Adobe Digital Rights Mgmt and not authorized for my Adobe ID. I've double checked on Adobe Digital Editions on my computer and on the Kobo and everything should be authorized just fine. I downloaded a library book previously and didn't have any trouble before.

Is there something else I should try? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please let us know the version of ADE installed in your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 4.0.2 — I reinstalled it yesterday trying to see if that would help, but it didn't.

I'm on a Mac Air, btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too. 

I used ADE 4.0.2.103411 to load 2 books from my public library onto my Kobo Touch.

Both my iMac and my Kobo are authorized with the same Adobe ID.

However, when I try to open either book I get the following message :-

Oops! This document couldn't be opened. This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID. Please sign in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again.

I tried deauthorizing my Kobo and tried again. But I got the same message again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading the ADE to 4.0.2, can you please reauthorizing KOBO and try opening the book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did.  I still have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue exactly. Sometimes the epub books from Toronto Public Library open on my Kobo Glo, and sometime (like now) I get the same "not authorized" message as you.  I contacted Kobo support. They suggested installing an earlier version of ADE (2.0) which I did, but the error was the same.  I removed and reinstalled ADE 4.02 and the problem remains.

Kobo said that it was most likely an ADE problem, but sometimes it's an issue with the library.

I have a MacBook Air running system 10.9.5

HELP!!  I only have 17 days left to read my most recent library download.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read my book on my computer in the ADE screen. It was painful, awful, and depressing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. I have tried all the suggestions mentioned in this tread and nothing has fixed the issue. I'm getting really fed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I sought help from mobileread.com and their solution worked for me. 

I downloaded ADE 1.7.2 and authorized it with my Adobe ID before downloading the acsm file.

Then I uploaded it onto my Kobo. I can open the book on it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines