• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player will not install blank installer, full download? tool remove remnants of flash?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.pngWindows 7 64bit, Firefox,Explorer, Chrome

For the longest time flash player will not install (updates for upgrades).

If I go to the main page I can download the 1mb file then open it up and the installer box opens but never does anything and is just black except the top bar. I can't even close it out. I have to "end task" it. I has been going on for a year or so.  I usually have to find a link to the full installer version but can't find it anymore.

Is there a tool to remove all remnants of Adobe flash player?

Link to full installer version of player?

I tried uninstalling all versions but still the same problem

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Wow I saw a post from m_vargas (Adobe Staff) saying this is a known issue so obviously there is a problem here that no one knows how to fix. Adobe's fix is use the offline installer-reinstall your OS or only use Chrome. Great work Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions Adobe. You have been a real help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes I followed the tutorial on How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

And it did not work in my situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the fact same thing occurring on mac OS X 10.10.1 (Yosemite) and previously (10.10).

I am getting so fed up with Adobe Flash Player - it's days are most definitely numbered.  Every single update causes issues and content gets blocked, it's a royal PITA!

Let me know if you get a response?

Roy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The offline installer does work but the point is why for over a year it will not do any updates because of this error and Flash Player is always out of date. Then it is always a pain for me to find the current offline installer.

The biggest complaint is why there is no tool that removes 100% of everything Adobe installs including hidden files, registry changes etc. That way I could do a fresh install of Flash and it would work.

On the main page where you download the update it should say here is the link to the offline installer because we here at Adobe knows that half of America can't use the update procedure because we can't fix any of these bugs yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer works for the vast majority of people.  We serve up something like 1.2 billion installs every months, so a failure rate of even 0.0001 is > 100,000 people.  We're not seeing that kind of traffic about this issue.

As the installer isn't dependent on Flash Player, and it doesn't leave anything around beyond a log file, it's unlikely that blowing Flash Player completely away would resolve anything, and it sounds like your efforts bear that out.  There's something underneath us that's not working right.  With Mac, it's usually corrupted NVRAM settings, but I'm not sure what it is on Windows.  My guess is that it's related to the graphics subsystem, but it's not something that I've seen happen under lab conditions, and we'd need to debug it to get a definitive answer.

So, I have a couple suggestions in order of least to most effort:

1. Switch to Google Chrome. 

Flash Player is a built-in component, so there's nothing separate to download or maintain.  Updates happen automatically as part of the standard Chrome update process, so you never have to touch another Adobe installer if you don't want to.

2. Scan your hard disk for errors, run the Windows system file checker, and make sure you have the latest graphics drivers for your system
    Check your hard disk for errors in Windows 7
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

3. Back up all of your stuff (ideally to both a disk and an online backup service for redundancy), wipe the machine and do a fresh install of Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow I saw a post from m_vargas (Adobe Staff) saying this is a known issue so obviously there is a problem here that no one knows how to fix. Adobe's fix is use the offline installer-reinstall your OS or only use Chrome. Great work Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines