Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

settings manager

Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't gett access to the Flash player settings manager. The site continually loads, but the settings manager does not show up. Tried the usual trouble-shooting (deleting cache/cookies, reinstalling flash player etc.), all to no avail. I'm using Windows 7, JavaScript activated, the site just won't load. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really weird.  Most of that functionality is duplicated in the native control panel (Control Panel > Flash Player), so you might be able to resolve the immediate issue that way.  You may be hitting some localized network issue when trying to access macromedia.com.  I'm able to hit those control panel pages.  If it doesn't resolve itself after a reboot or a couple hours, please let me know and I'll let the NOC folks know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2015 Jan 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this has been happening to me for some days under the "Ubuntu 14.10" Linux distribution; using the "flashplugin-installer 11.2.202.440ubuntu0.14.10.1" package, which automatically downloads the latest Flash player version directly from Adobe.

The importance of this problem is that, on Linux distributions, we cannot use the built-in settings manager; so the on-line one becomes the only option for accepting video-conference through Flash.

When I enter Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Protected Media Settings panel, the only thing that shows is the background. Then the page keeps loading at infinitum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Protected Content isn't supported in Flash Player 12.  You really want to move to the PPAPI Flash Player on Linux for a decent experience.  I think that Canonical's browser uses it at this point (if not, it's in the works), and definitely Chrome on Linux does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Website Privacy Settings panel isn't working too, and the the PPAPI Flash Player isn't available for Firefox neither Canonical's browser.

I have realized that, if you reload the page plenty of times, sometimes it loads correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there's a YUM package that installs it, but it looks like you'd need to run Chromium at this point.  We don't maintain Flash Player 11.2 except for security fixes.  It exists because of a contractual obligation, but we're not doing any new feature work or cosmetic fixes there. 

The PPAPI Linux player is really your best option.  Chrome or Opera Next should work for you.  Firefox isn't going to implement PPAPI anytime soon, so that's probably not the best option for Flash content on Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay: thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just in case, I have opened a bug report for Ubuntu at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/adobe-flash-plugin-tools/+bug/1415620>.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines