• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot update Flash Player 16 to MacBook Pro 10.8

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all of the prerequisites for updating Adobe Flash Player 16 onto my MacBook Pro 10.8.5. After WEEKS of trying every so-called "solution" I could find, I am still unable to complete the update. I have now solved the sign-in problem, I can "initialize" the process, I can locate the Installer in my Downloads folder, I respond "yes" to the download, I type in my password when prompted in the box about "wanting changes", then click "ok", but I can get no further: the box simply jiggles back and forth. Every "help" prompt sends me back through the same series of "solutions" I have tried again and again. I am not the most sophisticated computer-user, but I can follow clear instructions. I really do not respect a company which does not have a way for a customer to directly contact them when he/she has reached a deadend over and over.  This problem is not just about my installing Adobe; I cannot  use Weightwatchers, Instagram, You tube, and several other web functions without the update. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the password you're entering is being rejected.

This password prompt is presented by your operating system, and is intended to keep you from accidentally installing software.

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt.  If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

If this is your work machine and it's asking for an Administrator password, well, you'll need to have a conversation with your friendly IT person.

If you're still stumped, you may need to reset the password on your Mac:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH18653

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14325

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201240

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying! And so quickly. I used your suggestions, but sadly they made no difference. I have changed passwords over and over (which may be the problem) to no avail. I can't imagine what is wrong. I am so unhappy, especially since I cannot contact Adobe. Apple has a help phone number (with a charge) which I would call if I thought it would help. Maybe this Adobe community help thing will lead to something. Once again, I really appreciate your trying to help, which in itself has made me feel better. I am really frustrated and upset. Jeanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're unable to get past the password prompt, even after resetting the password on your mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do get the password prompt. I type it in after changing it.  When I click "ok", the box just stays there and shakes. I have tried my Adobe password, my Apple password, and my administrator password. I truly cannot get any farther, and I have literally spent hours every day for at least a month trying to make this work. I am so upset. You have been so patient and seem to be really trying.  (As with most hangups on the computer I am inclined to think that there is one very simple box not checked or blank not completed  -----one tiny thing that holds up the whole mess.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please read my original response carefully.  If you've followed the directions carefully, and netiher leaving the password blank nor using the password that you log into the computer itself with work, you'll need to reset the password on your computer.  The links in the original response provide instructions from apple on how to do that.  You'll need to use the instructions that correspond to your version of MacOS.

If you're still stuck, you'll probably need to contact Apple for support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines