• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is Photoshop CC splash screen hidden? Used to be in PSArt.dll but it's been moved I think...

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I was a suspicious type of person, I'd suspect you work in an office full Photoshop users, and you want to change the splash screen on a colleague’s computer into something rude.  The sort of jolly prank we used to do with Auto Correct in MS Office, so that when the boss signed his name, it auto corrected to something rude.  Anything like that?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sir... Nothing like that.

I made custom splashes for myself and I would like to continue to use them on CC if I can.

I cant find that splash .png file for the life of me! I have no idea where it could even be. I've looked everywhere as far as I know.

It's kind of weird that I can't find it now. Is Adobe trying to keep me from a little personalization?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't really think your reasons were nefarious.     I do have a PSart.dll file in my Photoshop CC folder, but it is only 9Kb.  The CS6 file is about 450Kb.  Do you have Show hidden files turned on in folder options?

It seems unlikely that Adobe staff will help you deface their logo, so you might be out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

Yes I looked for hidden folders...

I have to intention of 'defacing' the Adobe splash. In fact all I did was add 64 (and 32):

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7177/nxma.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why I started looking into changing the splash screen again. I want the 64 bit version to identify itself when loading. Back in CS3 is was a simple PNG file. Now it's within the PSArt.dll under a folder that begins with SPLASHBACKGROUND.PNG...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find a way to modify the Photoshop CC splash screens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be so late to reply. I tried to post this forever ago, but it was rejected by the moderators... not sure if they thought it was irrelevant, but the link I'm posting while titled as working for CS also works with CC to the best of my knowledge.

Change SplashScreen Photoshop CS4, CS5, CS6 | KTM Studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video ultimately solved this case " How To Change Adobe CC 2014 Splash Screen "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But where do I find that file? I'm using a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video above doesn't work anymore....  Did anyone find that .png yet? I also want to customize the splash screen.

It's really a shame only Photoshop hid it so well, Illustrator's splash screen is so much easier to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to know where these are too. I really hate the new 2015 splash screens with a passion. Why can't they make them showcase random images from Behance or just leave them as they were with Adobe product logos!? Grrrr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to know where these are too. I really hate the new 2015 splash screens with a passion. Why can't they make them showcase random images from Behance or just leave them as they were with Adobe product logos!? Grrrr...

this^

i have no idea what brain disease made them choose their splash screens, anyways

maybe go here and request editable splashscreens. i just did. i hope they hear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more. I am not sure how they're choosing these but they run very counter to my personal taste. By now they should know that their products end up in the hands of people with very strong opinions on art/design who might get a little sick looking at these things. I strongly agree that a random image would even be preferable... or why not let us drop our own image in? That seems like it would be really easy and would help us customize our experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree! I actually wrote an article about this a couple of weeks ago! 25 years of (some disastrous) Photoshop splash screens | MILK IS NICE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one that caused me to find this thread is the Illustrator 2015 screen. It's scary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that one is easy to fix. sadly that senseless dreamweaver splash is somehow hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

any luck anyone? yes the ai one was easy to find ; ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't agree more! We need to beat their door down until they let us pick our own artwork...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines