Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web App input form - Summernote WYSIWYG editor

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I am playing around with the Summernote editor.

The thing I am trying to do is a sort of a blog, where my clients employees can post different info etc.

I thought that with a WYSIWYG editor they would have more possibilities.

I have it working with text etc. I just "duplicate" the input from the editor into the "Item Description" field,

and this works, one can format the text, make tables etc.

Summernote also have a function to upload pictures. Actually one can just drop them in the editor and resize them etc.

This feature is quite nice. As a standard the images are saved/compressed with "Base64", which i've never played around with

before, but it doesn't seem like BC can "handle" this.

When I insert a image via the web app input form the image source field is empty, so the image is not displayed but there is a image tag.

If i put in the entire code in the backend the image appears, but is not working after I save it and see it on the site.

I am not sure that the base64 compression is a great thing to do. Could this work, or is there another way to get this working?

It this is not possible i will just have a "regular" input field where they can put in a picture, and then i can control it with CSS,

but I thought that having the possibility to put in directly in the WYSIWYG would be great.

In the summernote API, it is possible to control the "upload image" feature, but i am not sure this will work with BC.

Any thoughts or tips is much appreciated

/Peter - Genie Corp.

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this "working" at the end.

Instead of trying to get BC to do this "alone", I instead have a server running, which uploads the images to the BC

site via SFTP, so the reference to the picture is on the server. Now i can edit the picture in size, shape etc. in the summernote editor,

and then publish it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save base64 no problem now in the BC Apps (admin area only) but not on the front end (yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to know, maybe I can use it later on.

Hope it is coming to the front end, even though I solved this in another way, but outside of BC,

it might be helpful further on.

Thx TheBCMan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other thing to remember is data fields and their character limits. One base64 image will burn through that in a flash and be truncated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He wants to store it as a file not in a webapp database, you can save a base64 file to a binary file no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

of course, but of any case someone via say front end tries to store base64 image data say in a multiline etc (of which there have been several) they wiill have incomplete image data because  of the character limots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines