• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste in place on a different artboard

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2008 Nov 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if it is possible to copy an object from one artboard and paste it in an different artboard (which has the same size) in the same place. So the cmd+f function but then in a different artboard.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>so the cmd+f function but then in a different artboard.

Command F?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank uuu.. U really saved my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paste in front

Yours
Vern

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you talking about CS4's multiple artboards? like you have two artboards side by side in the same document and you want to keep the pasted object relative to the artboards the same?

you can't just do it because you can't have multiple origins per document, which would of been a great feature and seems overlooked by the illustrator team since other apps can have multiple locator points.

what you can do is establish your origin point in one artboard - like bottom left corner, Copy your object, Move the origin again to the bottom left corner of the second artboard and then paste in front.

that's a workaround but not really a solution in my opinion. each artboard should allow for a different origin point - and maybe they do, i haven't fully searched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Regarding copy from one artboard to another one(different opened files), is there way to preserve the layers when moving between different artboards?. I mean, each time I need to move content with different layers I have to do the task step by step, and that is insane when you must move a lot of layers. Any workaround?.

Thanks in advance,

josé.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layers Panel menu > Paste Remembers layers.

Also, try RTFM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you copy as you drag (by holding Option), the objects should remain in their original layer. if you want to use copy and paste you can select "Paste remembers layers" from the options menu in the Layers palette.

if you use the paste remembers layers be aware that dragging in a new image to the document will always create a "layer 1" or if there is a "layer 1" already and it's locked, it won't let you place the image. it's no big deal just be aware of the little quirks it causes.

to the original post, someone else already gave a stave at the multiple rulers per artboard. i haven't tried it and i don't think it really solves the paste in place issue, but it might

http://rwillustrator.blogspot.com/2008/10/scripts-make-multiple-artboards-in.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouw guys! Didn't know that option. Thanks very much for the quick reply, this new tip will save me a lot of time and headaches.

Have a nice day,

josé

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page origins and rulers are document level, and not automatic on artboards - a limitation of the new feature. Hopefully, artboards will be more robust next version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the artboard you are coping from is selected by clicking in it (the outer rule line will get thicker). Copy your item, then click in the artboard you want to copy to (it's outer rule line will get thicker), then paste (command F).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've been using this option for a while, how ever for some reason when I click the artboard I wish to paste to, its started to paste the art work on top on the artwork I've copied.? Any suggestions please?

also if i CMD + X and the CMD + option + shift + V to copy to all artboards, its pasting to the original artboard and then left of all the rest?? Again any suggestions as to why please? your help would be really appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 11.46.40 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shaundesigner  schrieb

Hi guys,

I've been using this option for a while, how ever for some reason when I click the artboard I wish to paste to, its started to paste the art work on top on the artwork I've copied.? Any suggestions please?

also if i CMD + X and the CMD + option + shift + V to copy to all artboards, its pasting to the original artboard and then left of all the rest?? Again any suggestions as to why please? your help would be really appreciated.

You are using the current version?

You may have noticed that this thread is from 2015, so it covers a completely different version. There have been some updates to artboards in the current version, which may have caused your issues.

So please create a new thread and describe your issue step by step in a way that someone is able to repeat it and figure out what is happening. ALso it's not clear what you are expecting to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines