• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML 11 Webhelp output not compatible with IE9?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently updated our software Help files using RoboHelp HTML 11.  Today our customer support team received a call from a customer that cannot access the Help files from his system.  He is using IE9 and an older version of Chrome, and cannot view Help in either browser.  The customer refuses to update the browser on his server, presumably because he's afraid something else won't work if he does.  I can sympathize with that, since there are certain applications on my own system that are incompatible with IE11, so I've had to roll back to 10. So, I know the files work on IE10, IE11, Firefox and the latest version of Chrome.  Searching through the discussions, I found one that indicated that RoboHelp 11 required IE9 or above; if so, it's odd that it won't work. Do you have any suggestions of what I can do that might help the customer? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’ve gone and patched your RH up so that it generates help that runs WebHelp for IE10, 11 and Chrome, I wouldn’t expect it to break IE9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2015 Jan 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jeff mentiones, IE9 has not been a problem before. But since it is IE, there can be a lot going on.

Since it is not working on both IE and Chrome, can other customers within the same organisation access the content? Also, to which security domain does the URL with the help belong? (Internet, Intranet, custom.) Does the browser report any issues such as error messages that may indicate what is going on?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand your answers...

RoboHelp is currently updated to 11.0.3, and I'll be updating the files for publication this week.  The recently published WebHelp was 11.0.2.  These files work on IE10, IE11, the latest version of Chrome, and Firefox.  Our customer has IE9 and an old version of Chrome (they didn't tell me the version), and he cannot access the Help file through the internet.  No error messages appear, it just simply will not load, screen indicates it's still working, but it never connects.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been “extra” patches created that are currently NOT included with the traditional “Help > Updates” method. See Willam’s post about these extra patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't loaded any updates, except those included with "Help > Updates"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, different thread – I thought Willam had posted site’s article reference on this one (it’s here - http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/robohelp-patches-and-updates).

I think you may need to do a bit of exploration on what’s going on at the client site to see what they’re getting. You may want them to clear out their cache to refresh what they’re getting when they access your help. You also probably want them to have a look at what zone their IE9 thinks you help is located in & if they’ve enabled ActiveX and JavaScript (not Java) in their browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information, and the link to the patch list.  I'll ask customer support to try your suggestions and will get back with you if/when I get more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp