Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording between 2 items in the same demo

Oct 01, 2007 Oct 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Captivate 3) In the same recording session I need to be able to show powerpoint slides and discuss items, and then go to a different screen (web in this case) to demonstrate how something works. I need to go back and forth between the .ppt and web screen several times during the demo. What is the easiest way to accomplish this? THANK YOU!
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GCSHEPH and welcome to our community

When you record something using Captivate, you basically see a red recording rectangle on the screen. The thing is, Captivate records whatever happens inside that area. So you may continue to press Alt+Tab to move between applications and Captivate records each application as it appears inside the area.

Does this make more sense?

Hopefully it will... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried the Alt Tab routine earlier but it makes for a relatively ugly look for the viewer who sees all of this happening. Maybe that's all that there is, but I thought I'd ask again. THANKS for the quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

The actual process of switching via Alt+Tab will likely result in having screens showing the process of switching. Keep in mind that you are free to remove those unwanted screens after you create your demonstration/simulation so the end user never needs to see them. Instead, you could insert a blank slide that serves as a segue into the next segment.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. I will follow your advice. I was just hoping to avoid having to go through and edit out all the Alt-Tab screens but it can be done. Cheers, Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2007 Oct 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gcsheph,
You can also import your powerpoint slides into the project instead of recording them. Record the stuff you need to demo on the web, then go into the project and insert the PPT slide into the appropriate places. Then you do not need to use Alt+Tab and edit out the extra stuff. Since you are using Captivate 3 you can import the animations on your PPT slides.
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2007 Oct 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
A good idea here. The only possible issue is the chatover but it could be recorded and inserted after the slide is put in, the only problem being keeping the train of thought going for the overall demonstration. Thanks for your idea. Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources