• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help me!

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install the latest version of Flash Player, but it simply won't work. I can't even count the times I have downloaded the .exe file, doubleclicked on it and had nothing happening. I have also tried various help guides online, including Adobe's own, and run the uninstaller, which worked, restarted my laptop (a Windows one) and tried the installer once more.

Can someone explain to me what is going on and help me get Flash Player installed?

Thanks in advance for any helpful answers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What does "simply won't work.' mean?  What OS version of you using?  What browser?

mean?  Please provide specific details to what happens when you try to use the installer. Are you using the shim/stub installer (about 1.5 MB in size) or the full installer (about 17 MB in size)  Screenshots are very helpful (How to post a screenshot in the forum).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I mean that it does not seem to work and nothing at all happens after I double-click the .exe file called install_flashplayer16x32_mssd_aaa_aih and the little window pops up asking me if I would "allow this program to make changes to the computer" or whatever (I'm translating from Norwegian here). I am using Windows 8.1 and Firefox. When I try to double-click the installer again a little window pops up saying "only on instance of this program can be run at once" or something, suggesting that the installer is slowly running somewhere in the background. Task Manager tells me the installer is running as a background process using 0 % of the processor and 7,4 MB of memory. Forgive me, I'm not that computer savvy. But why is nothing happening? Should the installer take hours? Ages?

I guess I'm using the shim/stub installer since I checked the file size and it's about 1 MB. I got it from the Adobe website. Should I get the full installer and try that? Where can I get that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have had reports of this behaviour with the shim installer, but are unable to reproduce the behaviour.  Links to the full installer are available at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page, in the 'Still need help' section.  Please make sure Firefox is not running and no other instance of a Flash Player installation is occurring in the background.  You may want to restart your machine after you download the installer to make sure nothing is running when you run the installer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked!! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines