• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 9 Stops While Generating WebHelp

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The topic above pretty much describes the situation.  Numerous attempts bring the same results.  It stops at this point and goes no further.

Any thoughts?

Robohelp 9

Generating WebHelp.  Issue not encountered before now.

Thanks.

Holly

RoboHelpImage.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what’s changed? Does it behave the same way if you try one of the sample projects? Have you tried playing with a backup copy & started tossing out half the topics at a time to see if you can isolate a problem topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Output View window offer any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will observe the output window at the editor's desk this afternoon. Good input.  Just as Jeff's was.  Will post back with results tomorrow.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Output window stops at the same point each time.  I observed the attempt to generate and publish.  It stops at Processing Full-Text Search Data and the same point on the bar indicator each time. 
Generating content 'Content.'  Most of the topics in her project link to pdfs stored on a network drive.  She removed links to all pdfs that she had not converted from Word to pdf herself.  In the past, the linked pdfs have not been problematic.  She did generate and publish a test project without any trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you know then that the issue is in the project – time to start tossing topics ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Okay, I'm going to crawl out on this shaky little limb and suggest that it might have something to do with one of the PDFs.

To test this, I'd say to use Windows Explorer to simply move ALL the PDFs from the folder to a different location. Just temporarily.

See if things generate. If so, then it becomes a matter of moving them back into the project until you find the one with the issue. It could be nearly anything. The file name. Content inside the PDF. Etc.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't read back through the thread but this post is ringing a bell. See

Using RoboHelp on my site. I think it was something to do with version

compatibility in the PDF.

Late here so will look in the morning.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue I was thinking of was Item 22 at Using RoboHelp 8. It's not the same thing and it is not the version of RoboHelp that you are using.

With that out of the way, I would be suggesting the same as Rick.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m assisting an editor/author/publisher in my office who is relatively new to RoboHelp.  I had hoped this was a simple fix.

I asked what changes have been made since the last time she published successfully.  Most of her topics link to exterior pdfs.  She said a ton.

I’ll go to her desk and try a sample project. 

Thanks for the validation of what I suspected has to be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp