• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DO NOT UPDATE FLASH PLAYER

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you want a million viruses and crappy programs to install themselves on your computer, don't update your flash player. It told me I needed to update flash player so I could finish what I was doing for work and next thing you know I'm spending an hour trying to uninstall all of the programs that popped up. When I opened my browser the default page had a sketchy "search engine." I restarted my computer and when it started up all these programs started running without me doing anything. Adobe sucks and their flash player is the worst. It almost cost me my computer AND wasted hours of my time when I needed to get work done.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Flash Player, downloaded from adobe.com does not contain any malware.  Can you please provide the link to the page that you downloaded Flash Player from?  There are many sites out there that pretend to be official sites, and brand their page to look like adobe.com download page, but it's not.  We actively pursue these malicious sites.  If you provide the URL, I can forward it to the appropriate folks to follow-up on .

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the link:

https://citrix.ourhostedcloud.com/Citrix/XenApp/clientDetection/downloadNative.aspx

The download said adobe_flash_setup, but when I ran the program all hell

broke loose.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

When I click on the Citrix link you provide, it takes me to this page:

Citrix_1.jpg

When I click INSTALL, a new page opens:

citrix_2.jpg

Nothing is downloaded.

Since you mentioned the Citrix website, we are aware that the Citrix XenDesktop page, Products - XenDesktop - Download Flash Plugin - Citrix, contains the wrong Flash Player shim/stub installer, although, it doesn't download a file that contains malware/etc.  We are attempting to resolve this with Citrix.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines