• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open or uninstall Creative Cloud desktop because it is not responding

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro 2011, OSX 10.10.1   I downloaded Creative Cloud desktop a couple of hours ago to start using my new CC account.  The desktop app hung up when attempting to create the list of CC apps (as reported in other discussions.)  I tried rebooting, but it remained hung up.  It would not quit (the quit options grayed out, and no effect of choosing quit from the dock.)  I "cleverly" tried uninstalling... which merely removed the icon for the CC desktop from the menubar, and then reported that it was "unable to quit the CC desktop; please quit the CC desktop and try again."  Attempting to open the CC desktop from the finder produces the interesting message that the CC desktop "cannot be opened because it is not responding."  I cannot reinstall, uninstall, open, or quit....  while the now-hidden CC desktop chugs away in the background making the MBP quite hot.  Any ideas?    --Jose

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Thank you.  Alas, none of those solutions worked for me -- but this did:

After force-quitting the CCdesktop app and re-installing, I found the same issue with the CC Cleaner Tool -- it was hiding in the background and not quitting.  A normal force-quit took care of it, allowing me to restart and check the desktop again.  Still the progress wheel spinning...

Another thread referred to the Adobe help folks screen-sharing the computer and deleting some old files from previous Creative Suite installs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the thread "Another version of CC desktop is currently running. How do I fix this?! " which advised checking with Activity Monitor (Applications/Utilities).  This enabled me to force-quit the otherwise-invisible CC desktop, and then to reinstall.  I am now back to the spinning blue wheel. I have yet to resolve this... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jose,

Please try the below Kb article and suggest if this was able to resolve your query or not.

App doesn’t open | Progress wheel spins continually

Cheers,

Kartikay Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  Alas, none of those solutions worked for me -- but this did:

After force-quitting the CCdesktop app and re-installing, I found the same issue with the CC Cleaner Tool -- it was hiding in the background and not quitting.  A normal force-quit took care of it, allowing me to restart and check the desktop again.  Still the progress wheel spinning...

Another thread referred to the Adobe help folks screen-sharing the computer and deleting some old files from previous Creative Suite installs.  So, I looked through my Application Support folders and found some old things relating to CS4 and CS5.  I deleted them, restarted, and the apps showed up quite happily in the CC desktop.

I am now in business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines