• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 7.07 error. "Adobe Presenter is unable to publish this presentation...."

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am getting the following error for only one presentation out of perhaps 200 that my team and I have published in the last 3 years. "Adobe Presenter is unable to publish this presentation. Please check that you have enough disk space and you have appropriate permissions for the destination folder.'

1. Plenty of disk space

2. Correct permissions

3. Can publish other presentations in that same folder.

4. Running Windows 7. As mentioned, have had no other problems with this for past and current presentation publication. Just this one file.

5. We have copied and pasted from this file into a clean file. No avail.

6. We have had two people try to publish it from different computers and have gotten the same error so it isn't a Windows profile issue.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Have you tried saving it as a PPT instead of a PPTX?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried saving it as a PPT instead of a PPTX?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, missed adding in that I am using PowerPoint 2010. If you save as a PPT rather than a PPTX with Adobe Presenter 7.07 your animations will all skew off from the correct timing. So, no. No PPT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only seen it change Smart Art animations. When I've had this issue with a presentation saving as PPT eliminated the problem. On occasion, saving as PPT and then saving as PPTX also fixed the issue.

Best I could figure, and I may be way off, was that it was some issue with Smart Art created in a different version of PPT than what I was trying to publish with. But that is just a WAG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked the other developer to give this a try. Waiting for a response. He did mention that he had no smart art in this course so maybe PPT will work for him. Thanks for the information, Jorma. Will be back with an update in a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorma, thank you. This helped. The animations are fine (no Smart Art). However, there is a strange error. The slide plays all the way through and then returns to the beginning state for that slide. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the slide, it's hard to say. It could be an animation that doesn't translate to Flash correctly (some of the emphasis animations), an object on the slide that is causing something weird, or something else entirely.

I suppose the save as PPTX now to see if it all comes back together correctly may be worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, we're trying that. I'll look into the emphasis animation angle as well. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck on the PPTX return trip, Jorma. I've got the other developer looking at the problem slides to see what the commonalities are. We appreciate your help.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks all for your posts. I have experienced the same error message. Changing from pptx to ppt made no difference, I was not using any SCORM description. The solution for me was to delete all files in C:\Windows\Temp. The thread below suggests creating a new user account in Windows, but this was not necessary for me.

Adobe Presenter is unable to publish this presentation. Please check that you have enough disk space...

Hope this helps

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to publish it to your local drive or network drive?

Could you please try to categorise your slides in a group of five and then copy it to a new presentation. Once you copy first five slide then try to publish it and then check if you get the error. If you are able to publish first five slide then try another five slides along with previous slides in order to figure out if there is anything wrong with the slide content .

Regards,

Rajeev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem after adding a long description in the SCORM settings. Try shortening your description, title, or Identifier on the reporting tab under Manage for Quiz. This fixed two different files that we were having issues with.

Presenter Publishing Error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same problem.  Have published several courses over the past few days, and suddenly was receiving this error.  I also added a long course description.  Removing the course description worked for me. (Turns out I didn't need it, as our course importer isn't reading it correctly anyway.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar issue today for a local user.

- Changed source and destination files to 'My Documents' from LAN share - no change.

- Tried PPT and PPTX as source file - no change

- Logging on with my Windows profile, trying again - no change.

- Deleted last 20 of 40 slides and published - no change.

- Opened original source, deleted first 20 of 40 slides and published - SUCCESSFUL.

By systematically reducing the pages of the troubled PPTX, you should be able to find the page producing the error.

You may need to rebuild the damaged page and replace it in the original PPTX.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources