Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locking/Expiring the WebHelp output.

Participant ,
Oct 03, 2007 Oct 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

We would like to offer our documentation for evaluation, and have it expire along with the products after 30-days of installation.

Is there a way to set a 30-day expiration on the WebHELP output? That is, a person should not be able to view the contents after 30-days of installing the WebHELP output. Also, if an extension key is provided, then the contents should be unlocked and viewable again.

Thanks,
K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kutra. If your help is accessible from within the application then yes. However there is nothing to stop a user navigating to the entry file and opening it. Maybe your developers could build something into the help that could do something along the lines you want but it would have to be done by them rather than you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the help is a stand-alone set of files. It is not accessed from within an application.

I have heard that Javascript code can be added to achieve the expiration, but nothing prevents the user from editing the HTML file to remove the Javascript code.

Thanks,
K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They had a nice method on "Mission: Impossible."

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and I thought I was the old guy on these forums! You just gave it away Harvey.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I think my Dad told me about it. Or was it Granddad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harvey

Nope, couldn't have been Grandpa. Why? He was always getting stuck in the well and Lassie had to come tell you about it!

Cheers all... Rick (who is a Grandfather too)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 04, 2007 Oct 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't thought about that!

So after 30 days, Kutra's folks could tell Lassie to go fetch?

(Not making fun of Kutra's question, just kidding the kidders.)

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys are a riot! :-)

I logged in a few minutes back and was stunned to see 7 replies...I'm thinking wow, someone must have a really controversial answer!! But when I was done reading, I was laughing out wildly and rolling on the floor!

Thanks for the laughs, guys!

Cheers,
K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Any chance of the video?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp