• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stupid flashplayer install!

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help and i am about to throw this computer out the window.  I have searched and searched and enabled and disabled, installed and uninstalled till I am blue in the face.  I just got rid of Mozilla and  installed Chrome now, I still get this black screen of nothing,  I can't do certain things because its no longer updated!

What can I do to update and get rid of this window that sits and does NOTHING

adobe.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same problem.  I have a bran new system.   But to help you're problem about getting rid of the black screen window that does nothing:  hit Ctl+Alt+Delete at the same time, This should bring up the windows task manager.  Under applications you should find that window from flash, click on it and hit the End Task button at the bottom.  You may have to do this more than once, but it will work.    Now here is what I do know about this problem with my system, it's not only a problem for fox, but for internet explorer too.  I have only uploaded all the latest programs, Windows 7 (I didn't want windows 8),  Confirmed Java is up and running. Not sure how to resolve this issue, still searching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wizzarin, I have the same exact problem. Have you resolved it?  I see the response below to you , but I have tried so many different ways of installing, I am thinking it is a setting in my new pc.  It's win7, Java is running, shockwave too.  I am going mad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and higher, Flash Player is a built-in component of the browser.  There's nothing to do.  This is the same for Google Chrome.

For NPAPI browsers like Firefox, if you're not having success with the standard installer from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer, please try the offline installer:

Firefox and other NPAPI browsers:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, what about us win 7 peeps?  Are we just SOL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'd like to know this too. i'd like to have flash back thanks. & not this green box.

i'm on chrome, it says i have the current version. i guess it updated by itself b/c i don't use chrome.

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 16.0.0.235
Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0

Name:Shockwave Flash

Description:Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0

Version:16.0.0.235

Location:C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\39.0.2171.95\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

Type:PPAPI (out-of-process)

Disable

MIME types:
MIME typeDescriptionFile extensions
application/x-shockwave-flashShockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplashFutureSplash Player
.spl

Disable

but i'm trying to watch Baby Daddy & i get this

BD.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the video troubleshooting guide.  In particular, I'm curious to know if this replicates with Hardware Acceleration disabled.

Video playback issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i could see the non-HTML5 video just fine

Solve video playback issues- i can't even see the flash player logo.

For Windows Users- i'm gonna email my report to adobe. i'm not even sure i filled out everything right.

How to lower hardware acceleration in Windows 7/8 - AOL Help

i got all the way to step 10 & i wasn't able to click on change settings. I thought it was already disabled. i don't remember how i disabled it tho. i know it wasn't using those steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When i send a bug report am i suppose to get an email back or something. I sent that days ago. I really miss flash, its been weeeekkksss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to take a look at my posting:

This blog also has information on a scripted clean install of the flash player install as scripted per this video on the adobe site (Win7) :  Adobe Flash - script for complete uninstall, clean up and re-install

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

The process is all done in BAT file and simplifies this whole process. It is located under the step by step section on my blog under step one.

For whatever reason adobe says do not delete the old flash player files on Windows 8 , i have no idea why as windows 7 and 8 files structure is the same. anyways they should just be recreated... maybe someone who is technically savvy could test unless someone from Adobe wants to chime in on this explanation

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i'm jakob maybe you try to this linkEnabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines