Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 batch generation

Oct 04, 2007 Oct 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice in the sales spiel for RH7 that batch processing of output gets a mention. Is this the same functionality that is used in x5 or are there improvements?

Specifically what I'm looking for is a batch process that will produce four web Help outputs based on four differing conditional build expressions. Rather than the current arrangement where I have to run the process four times.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Oct 04, 2007 Oct 04, 2007
Can't you use four different WebHelp layouts (each with their own build expressions) in batch with X5? I just tested two WebHelp layouts, and it worked fine.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't you use four different WebHelp layouts (each with their own build expressions) in batch with X5? I just tested two WebHelp layouts, and it worked fine.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know when RH7 will actually be available to buy?

BTW - is anyone else having serious issues with the forums? I can't create a new topic due to what looks like a layer over the New Topic button .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasn't obvious before so now I feel stupid for not seeing it. We only needed two build expressions before, now it's four I'm glad I've discovered my stupidity.

On the down side it weakens my case for getting an upgrade to RH7 for all my authors and myself!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new topic button just highlights when you hover over it, which it is supposed to. Seems to be working OK.

No we don't have an exact date. The fact that it can be pre-ordered suggests it will not be too far off.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that when the page loads there is a white box in my top right corner, obscuring the New Topic button. A few days ago I accessed the forums from Captivate 3 help menu, and was directed to what looked like a new forum UI. I can't find this anymore and all I am seeing is the old UI for all Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone get me a Beta copy of R7 as I want to develop a business case to upgrade 14 licenses here and potentially another 15 in another office from x5 to 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NianNorth. I'm afraid the beta copy is only available to those participating in the beta testing. Check out this link to Peter Grainge's site for details of functionality. It will help your justification case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donalmc

They've gone back to the old forums which, as you can see, are working as before.

NianNorth

There is no publicly available beta. There's a topic on my site gives quite a bit of information.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge
Donalmc

They've gone back to the old forums which, as you can see, are working as before.

NianNorth

There is no publicly available beta. There's a topic on my site gives quite a bit of information.

Thanks very much. I'll see if I can get the answers from there. I wanted a copy to run some accessibility tests on the HTML code output as the output from x5 has some grammar issues and we have pretty strict guidelines to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

My problem is that the old forums are not working for me as before - I can see the old UI but there is a white box over the top left corner - that's in IE7. In Firefox the layer (or whatever it is), is mostly see through but is still preventing me from clicking on anything in the top left corner.

Sorry for posting about it in this topic but, of course, I can't start a new one!

Thanks,
Donal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2007 Oct 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
BTW - just in case anyone else has the same issue as me, a full reset of IE7 resolved it.

Thanks,
Donal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mail me some screen shots and a resume of the problem. Contact me via my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp