Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displaying Slide Label or Frame Number

Oct 05, 2007 Oct 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if there is a way to display the slide label or frame number while a presentation is running. I am trying to find an easy way for reviewers to identify where they want changes made.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SJD

Perhaps fellow Adobe Community Expert Paul Dewhurst's site can help here. Take a look at this link.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because of our corporate network security I cannot insert someone elses SWF file in one of mine. Doesn't Captivate have a variable or code that can be inserted easily?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again SJD

First off, I'm not understanding your statement with regards to using someone else's SWF. How will your network ever know? From what I understand of it, you download the .SWF and simply include it among your project files. From the network perspective, I would think it wouldn't be able to differentiate between the counter .SWF or one of the Captivate supplied animation .SWF files.

Obviously it can be done, as you have seen on Paul's site. But there is absolutely nothing inside Captivate that will help you with this. The only "Total Captivate" possibility would be to maybe insert a transparent Text Caption on each slide. Instead of inserting text in the caption, you would type the slide number.

You should also consider submitting a Wish Form asking for this functionality to be added to a future Captivate version. You may do this by clicking here and completing the form you should find there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I have the FLA file I cannot see any Actionscript or other code the file contains...right? So if I put a SWF file into my presentation and it contains malicious code, this could be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Fair enough I suppose. Sure, if you just grabbed a random .SWF off the web at large, I might understand the caution. However, I would think that with Paul being a recognized Adobe Community Expert, he would never jeopardize that status by inserting malicious code in what he offers.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just to point out that there is NO malicious code in any of the files on my site nor has there ever been, over 8000 downloads and not one complaint, also if you look a bit closer you would see that the FLA for counter is available to download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources