• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Preferences Setup

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2007 Oct 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 3. I have created customised captions for text, success, failure and hint. I go to Edit Preferences and choose my caption defaults for all these choices and it works really well. Here's the hoot. When I click on "Restore defaults" button found on the Preference screen for recording text captions it goes back to ADOBE Blue etc. the defaults of the system. Where can I update the defaults I want so that when I click on the "Restore defaults" button it chooses my customized captions for text, success, failure etc?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 05, 2007 Oct 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You can change the selections at the "Record New ... > Settings" dialog. But that doesn't mean your custom stuff will be the new "defaults" when that button is clicked ... the system defaults will remain the system defaults. The good news is they are recognized by their filename, I believe, so ...

... you could change the system defaults to your custom stuff by naming your customized captions to the same names as the system defaults - replacing "Adobe Blue" with your own "Adobe Blue" and so on for the rest of the actual default values.

Of course, before doing so, you would want to first rename the original captions so you don't lose them entirely by overwriting them.

Make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources