• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image sequence of jpegs import into Premiere Pro CC 2014 out of sync!

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I left CS6 to CC 2014, image sequences as jpeg files do not properly import into Premiere in sync anymore.  I use Blender 3d to export render scenes as jpegs then convert them to h.264 mpeg4 video clips in Premiere.  What happens is that the images upload into Premiere's project tab out of order, even though they are correctly ordered in my hard drive.  Improper naming conventions are probably ruled out since their files extensions are _000 types, and I never had a problem importing sequences in CS6 anyways.  Still image default duration is set to 1 in the general preferences.  Does anyone know what is suggest?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

I would import them as an image sequence.

Hit import, select first image and check Image Sequence at the bottom, hit OK.

With the images already imported, hit the sort button and select Name.

Sort button (up and down arrow) next to zoom in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing an image sequence or all seperate jpegs set to 1 frame?

Still image duration has no bearing on importing a image sequence.

Make sure the Indeterminate media timebase is set the same as your sequence (Preferences/Media)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point, I am importing as separate jpegs each set to one frame, so it's not an image sequence as I thought.

My indeterminate media timebase and sequence are the same (29.97fps), though I have to say that even if they were different I don't see why that would be a problem.

Here is a screen shot of my images just after uploading them into the project tab, it is seen from first to last that file numbers appear out of order such as 066, 054, 072, 058...ect:

out of sync.jpg

Is there anything else I could try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would import them as an image sequence.

Hit import, select first image and check Image Sequence at the bottom, hit OK.

With the images already imported, hit the sort button and select Name.

Sort button (up and down arrow) next to zoom in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I did not know about the Image Sequence option check box; I've never done that, and it worked, thanks.  Now that I can get my sequence of images properly into Premiere CC2014, I tested the same thing on my other computer with CS6 and they imported as individual images fine.  I do see the point behind importing as sequence from now on, but for my curiosity, what is it that changed in CC 2014 over Cs6 that importing as individuals doesn't work any more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing still image still works. See your own screenshot. You just need to sort them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not need to sort them previously in Cs6, they enumerated automatically.  I've thought of sorting them in CC, but not when there are 1500 frames, and the Image Sequence option might make manual sorting obsolete anyway, right?

I got done what I needed, many thanks for your tips this week!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

import them as a sequence, not as individual images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOU ANSWER IT HELPS ME A LOT THANK YOU MY MAN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines