• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic import issues

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just attempted to import a fellow colleague's topic into my RoboHelp project and am noticing the following issues:
1.) The topic title has the word "User Guide - " added to the beginning of it.
2.) The topic, when opened, contains Responsive HTML 5 navigational icons across the top.

3.) The entire imported topic appears to be sitting in a borderless table.

4.) Small, icon images appear stretched to the width of the topic; however when I double-click on the image it appears perfectly normal in the Image Preview. 

Your advice on how to correct these issues is much appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Care to supply some screen captures of what you are seeing?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see screen captures below (utilizing RoboHelp v. 11.0.2.240). Thank you!

1.) The topic title has the word "User Guide - " added to the beginning of it.

issue title prob.png

2.) The topic, when opened, contains Responsive HTML 5 navigational icons across the top.

3.) The entire imported topic appears to be sitting in a borderless table.

issue table border.png

4.) Small, icon images appear stretched to the width of the topic; however when I double-click on the image it appears perfectly normal in the Image Preview.

issue icon.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, okay.

Here's what I suspect has happened. You imported a topic. Seems simple, right?

First, let's discuss what happens when we generate output. Think of it as if you were working in your kitchen. Perhaps making Chocolate Chip cookies. You mix all the ingredients together, drop balls of raw dough onto cookie sheets, then pop the sheet into the oven, pull it out and have baked cookies, right?

Same happens in RoboHelp. When you generate, you mix all the ingredients together (images, topics etc) and out pops the final output. In the case you are showing, it would appear the output is Responsive HTML 5.

Now imagine what would happen if you took a baked cookie and stuck it back into the raw dough. Things not so hot, huh?

It looks to me like you probably took a file from another output and imported it into your project.

See, when you generate, the topics that pop out on the other end are like the baked cookies. Baked cookies are chemically different from the raw dough. During the process of creating output, the output topics have all sorts of additional code added to them. RoboHelp is trying to cope with the additional code and the additional code should not be there in the source topic.

I'd suggest deleting this topic, then asking for the SOURCE topic from your colleague.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your solution worked like a charm. Thank you for the baking analogy and for taking the time to assist me with the issue; it is much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp