• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create mouse over pop-up page using Robohelp?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to create something similar to this page using Robohelp 10:

sample.png

When I click on the '+' sign the selected area is lightened and the text pops-out (green patch in the image). The background is blurred, focusing the required section.

Any suggestion please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Suggestion 1. Go buy a work shirt and roll up your sleeves.

Suggestion 2. Learn JavaScript

Suggestion 3. Learn CSS

Suggestion 4. Forget about RoboHelp doing anything that would remotely help you do this.

Suggestion 5. Pick apart the page you like and see if you are able to discern exactly how they accomplished what they did!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response...Actually, I was just looking for options in Robohelp, if any. I fail to understand the reason for such a rude reply. You could have said in simple words that I need to use some other tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, I'm sorry you didn't "get" my reply.

I replied as I did because if this is truly your goal, you have quite a row to hoe, as it would seem (at least to me) that the page you used as an example is rife with all sorts of custom coding.

I was simply being as honest as I felt I could be in what I thought was a gentle way. The unfortunate fact is, you are in for a lot of work. (hence the first suggestion) The work will likely require substantial knowledge of JavaScript and CSS. (hence suggestions two and three) RoboHelp has nothing built into it that will do any of this to help and truly, the only way to duplicate the behavior (as far as I'm aware) is to actually pick apart what was done.

I suppose you would have preferred what in my own mind would seem a rude reply of a simple. "RoboHelp can't do that" with nothing more?

Ah well, not my best day for communicating I suppose.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked on these forums for a long time and Rick has been here from the days help was written on slates. I can vouch for the fact that Rick was not intending to be rude. Humour that backfired this time.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree with Peter Grainge . Rick has always given very useful suggestions. He has helped me understand a lot of features of Robohelp. May be I did not understand his HUMOUR .

Thanks for all your responses. Looking forward for suggestions, in future .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can almost any feature you want to RoboHelp using CSS and JavaScript. For this example there are many free solutions available on the web. Something like this: Your own Hover-Over-Popups, CSS/XHTML-friendly - Nic Honing seems to do what you would need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp